Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2012, 04:06 AM

Default Re: "Missing iLok authorization" error for MAC USERS

Unfortunately I had the same problem some weeks ago, I bought PT10 in January and two weeks ago the light on the Ilok started flickering and it was no more recognized by the software and ilok.com.

I submit an RMA and they sent me in two business days a new empty Ilok. I sent them mine and and they would have had to relocate the license they found on it on my account. Here starts the bigger problems. They put on my account the wrong license (Pt 9) saying that the RMA was completed......
I started writing e-mails but they did not answer for 10 days.... In the site I found a different way to ask support which was not concerning at all with my problem, but this time they answered very quickly.
I admit that I'm a new PT user, but I'm really really enjoying the program, but the choice of Avid using this way to protect the software leaves all the users in anxiety of losing or breaking the the Ilok, during a tour or a performance, unless they pay other money to Pace to have a provisional license. This is simply unacceptable for a performer. syMPh said well: any kind of ilok problem can happen randomly, in every moment: from recording an album to a live situation on tour. This attitude is very different from anything that points to be professional, and used as an Industry standard.....

I have other software (Max, IzotopeRX) that could be used with the Ilok, but when they let me decide if using the ilok or a code, I always use a code, and I believe I'm not the only one
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 AM

Thumbs down Re: "Missing iLok authorization" error for MAC USERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lambrechts View Post
This makes it even better. You work at the store or you are the support for the store that you work for ?

Either way. That combined with admitting that you don't know a great deal about this stuff and coming online blaming Avid ?

Awesome.

Chris
As a successful business person...I have seen employees written up / fired / received mandatory sensitivity training for similar lack of empathy for the customer @ other companies. It doesn't matter if the customer has made a mistake or has some other issue, this isn't a very good or professional way to represent any company... not to mention Avid.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Hey Chris,

I'm having the same exact problem, though at the same time the error message is up, I'm looking at ilok.com with one dongle inserted, and that same dongle shows the HD10 auth on it.

I've moved the dongle from the back to the front, where I usually hook up some hard drives (usb). Since ilok sees the auth on the dongle, that should rule out a bad dongle or no auth, correct?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM

Wow Chris you have a real knack for customer relations. Yes thats sarcasm. Instead of patronizing a customer how about offering some help. But then again that just isnt Avid's way now it it? he would have to actually PAY for that.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard1 View Post
Hey Chris,

I'm having the same exact problem, though at the same time the error message is up, I'm looking at ilok.com with one dongle inserted, and that same dongle shows the HD10 auth on it.

I've moved the dongle from the back to the front, where I usually hook up some hard drives (usb). Since ilok sees the auth on the dongle, that should rule out a bad dongle or no auth, correct?
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you need both the HD and Non HD auth. on the ilok. I'm pretty sure its necessary to have both. Or at the very least the Non HD auth of course
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahadrums View Post
I don't think it's AVID's fault. The AVID's responsibility is to provide the license. Anything else is related to iLok.
Yeah your right but......it would be nice if they could strong arm them a little bit......they are after all the industry standard.....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you need both the HD and Non HD auth. on the ilok. I'm pretty sure its necessary to have both. Or at the very least the Non HD auth of course
Hey Chris,

Turns out its the DEMO auths that don't seem to work properly with pt10 in le(complete prod toolkit mode) and multi tracks.
Once I dug out my free upgrade email and got that auth from the ilok site, the real deal auth works fine. But with the demo, an HD 10 ilok AND the PT10(nonHD) ilok on my laptop was the only combination where PT10 would open and I could see the multitrack channels. But only with both demo ilok autos inserted at the same time. With the HD10 ilok demo only I got the 'no PT10 authorization'. With the PT10 demo auth (only), PT opened, but did not see the multitrack channels.

Now all is good with the real deal 'purchased' single HD10 auth on my laptop.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:31 AM

Same issue, it occured for no reason and I might have to turn down a job tonight. Thank you very much AVID. You are definitely responsible as you´re forcing your customers to use this ridiculous outdated system.
Mac OS X 10.6.8.
ProTools 10.2.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:57 PM

It boggles my mind that this problem has persisted this long with no resolution (that I can find anyway). Its not late July 2012, and I've seen posts about the exact same issue from 2 years ago. I am just now experiencing this issue. I figured it was due to some bad update. Looks like its something more fundamental or deep rooted.

And to Chris (who I'm sure has been fired by now):
I work at one of the largest music retailer in the country, who shall remain nameless. If you truly expect us to also serve as your tech support, we will simply stop selling your products. Studio One is very cheap, and VERY stable. And has a lower base cost on it, so per dollar, we make more from it. Consider our daily duties Chris, we sell gear, we keep a store up and running, and we're constantly bombarded with tech questions and requests to solve very complex problems. We are NOT certified to do so by any means, by AVID nor any other company. We are sales staff. Our job is to get introduce people to gear, not fix it. If AVID becomes so problematic that it makes our jobs immeasurably harder, you will see a steep drop in new users. Remember that we have the power to persuade people into what we think is the best. You cross us, we cross you.

And for all others out there experiencing this/any issue, go to certified tech support. Realize the burden you're placing on sales staff for problems they have probably never seen before.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 PM

2013 now and Pro Tools still has this outdated system!!! This error would not allow me to get the Pro Tools system going. It is obvious that this iLOk system is complete and utter BS!!

Why does my AVID Media Composer system use a very friendly way of authenticating my install using the internet?? When their flagship audio application PRO TOOLS still requires this dongle. Dongles are just that, or maybe they should be called Dingles as they are pieces of S*&^ that hang from my arsehole. Pro Tools is not PRO its POS!!

Seems Logic, Abelton, Reason, etc. are all looking much more tantalizing. Cubase even has a really nice new iPad companion app that was looking pretty sick. This is definitely an AVID problem as they are about to lose me as a customer for life!!

Ps.s - one more thing, this thread spoke of "The Famous" all ditching out on Pro Tools but really didn't name and names. Well, I will name one - Todd Rundgren spoke to a group of audio engineers at IU and totally bashed Pro Tools.. says its complete s*&%, abandoned the system years ago and never looked back. He spoke quite highly of Reasons "Record" system that was standalone but is now folded into Reason.