Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio

Old 05-29-2020, 04:58 PM

Default Re: First steps with MTRX Studio

For MTRX Studio;
Avid MoM? coming?

DAD M.O.M with EuControl?

thx be well
Old 05-29-2020, 05:00 PM
Avid

Greetings,

The DAD MOM is 100% compatible with MTRX and MTRX Studio.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-30-2020, 03:22 AM

When using the MTRX Studio with the PT Control app monitoring page, can you to set up buttons to say spread 5.1 surrounds over a 7.1 speaker array or just mute surrounds as a group etc.
Or are those sort of things only possible from the Dadman software?
There seems to be precious little information about the capabilities of the monitoring side available and the monitor page on the PT Control app doesn't spring into life unless a compatible unit is connected.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:14 AM
Avid

Greetings,

Yes indeed. Take a look at page 9 in the above doc and you can see I've presented a landscape view of the Monitoring page from Avid Control with the MTRX Studio attached to a monitor profile. Just above the transport switches you should see Folddown - which is where you can apply any of the Folddown or Upmatch presets that you build. Certainly you can create your own custom presets to spread from, for example, 5.1 -> some flavor or Atmos including 7.1.4, 9.1.6 and beyond.

From the main monitoring page you can switch output sets (3 sets controllable via EUCON), isolate individual or groups of speaker enables (Switching or Summing). It is also possible to use the Folddown matrix to create solo shortcuts. I've created a few, for example, if you quickly want to only hear the elevation speakers -> Ltf, Rtf, Ltr, Rtr. There are so many things you can use this for. As long as you have included and associated these custom Fold presets within your monitor profile (in DADman), you can toggle them easily from the Avid Control app via Monitoring.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 05-30-2020, 01:58 PM

Ah ha!
That all sounds very good Jeff, thanks for the info.
Looks like my next purchase is looming!
Old 06-06-2020, 09:27 PM

Is it possible to have an Avid Omni and MTRX Studio on the same HDX rig?

I currently have the Omni and would like to upgrade to the MTRX Studio but don't want to lose AES since I have a 5.1 DK Meter and stereo Dorrough which are both AES.

So I'd like to make the MTRX Studio my primary interface, but keep the Omni attached so I can still make use of my AES meters.

Would a Sync HD be necessary in this scenario, or could one clock from the other?
Old 06-06-2020, 09:29 PM

I only know about the "maximum of one Omni" limitation, so it should be good. Both use Loop Sync so would share that. You would probably want to set MTRX as clock master as it likely has better clock than Omni.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:33 AM

I just got a MTRX STudio. I'm assuming I'm one of the first in LA. I'm just checking in about it. Just plugged it in and I'm staring to figure out the DADMan software. Using via Dante only. Is there anyone out there using one yet? My first question is what am I supposed to see under PT Playback Engine? I thought I'd see something related to the MTRX or DADMan but I don't see anything. I'm on the latest version of PT.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Avid

Greetings,

MTRX Studio can be connected to Pro Tools a few different ways. If you are connecting to Pro Tools via either Dante Virtual Soundcard or a PCI based Dante interface - you will see that specific name as the Playback Engine under Setup. When used with either HDX or HDNative, your engine would be HDX or HDNative Thunderbolt and under the hardware setup you would see the appropriate number of connected DigiLink peripherals - MTRX Studio based on the configuration in DADman.

If you are connecting via Dante you would be limited to 32 channels of IO via Coreaudio. When connecting via DigiLink to a single HDX or HDN card you would have 64 channels in a dual primary configuration - which can be expanded further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 06-17-2020, 09:13 AM

Hey Jeff thanks for checking in. I was using a Focusrite on loan before this and was connecting via Dante through the Dante Virtual Sound card. Should I be doing the same with the MTRX? I'm Native with no cards and Dante. Thanks