How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Strange issue with button PLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that we're working on this and there are, apparently, 2 different issues.

The play/pause issue is not the same as previous iterations - this is a problem with how Core Audio streams are handled by the OS and will require a change in Pro Tools to address it.

The Minimize IO Latency option may exacerbate the Play/Pause problem but the cause/solution is not the same. For now we recommend disabling Minimize IO Latency.

I don't have a specific timeframe for when these will be addressed as they need implementation and a full test grid as we want to reverify audio integrity on all devices this affects.

Thanks for your patience as we work through these.
Hi,
Any news on the Play Pause issue?

thanks

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 04-21-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy McDude View Post
Hi,
Any news on the Play Pause issue?

thanks

Digi tech support, bumping this thread.
years ago you said it was being worked on.
Please advise, whats the status of the fix.

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
What I actually do is Command-2, switch Clock Source to S/PDIF. Since there's nothing connected there, it automatically reverts to Internal with a warning message. After that, all good for days.
I have the same exact issue. I've called AVID, they created a case, and lucky me I got a call back. The guy was super nice. He took control over my mac and recommended getting rid of all the PT PREFERENCES!!! He went to the folder, erased them all out.. and re-open PT. Said it would take a little longer to load, as this makes PT believe this is the first time it runs (better than re-installing, he said). This issue comes and goes whenever it feels like it, so it was hard to re-produce for him to see. After what he did, so far so good.. knock on wood. I thought I share this with you. If it happens again, I will definitely try the "buffer thing"..
It seems to me the PT rep. is used to hear this exact same complaint. It also seems like they don't really know what causes it. He also mentioned something interesting: he said that "officially" PT 11.2.1 (my version) is only supported by Mac OS X 10.9.3 (I'm running 10.9.5).. but that shouldn't make a difference.
Hope this helps. I will also share if anything new.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:33 PM

I have owned PT 11 for six months, and only twice have I NOT had the damn thing hang in Record Pause mode.

I swear to Christ, if I had the cash, I'd smash my Pro Tools disks and go buy Sonar. This [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] bug has utterly trashed my project, my schedule, and drained me of cash.