Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Default Equality strange problem

I am noticing a very strange bug on my Equality plugins. I am using the RTAS (low latency) in about 60 tracks. Sometimes, I have not figured out what causes the bug, if I open the pluging to edit it with a mouse (like pull down the node of a band, or change the slope of a filter etc), the mouse pointer has to be clicked "in a space that is higher" than where the actual "button" or "volume pot", or any of the nodes of the bands exists. So it is like the entire plugin (the GUI of the plugin) is miss-aligned to where the mouse actually triggers each action. I have had 2 instances of the Equality open at once, and one will have the bug and the other will not. At some point, after closing and re-opening the plugin, the bug will go away, and the GUI re-opens normally aligned but sometimes it had gotten so stuck that I had to delete the plugin from the track .

For the developer: I am on PT9 HD2 Accel on an 8 core Mac 2.25 Ghz, 6 Gigs RAM, Snow Leopard
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Equality strange problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I am noticing a very strange bug on my Equality plugins. I am using the RTAS (low latency) in about 60 tracks. Sometimes, I have not figured out what causes the bug, if I open the pluging to edit it with a mouse (like pull down the node of a band, or change the slope of a filter etc), the mouse pointer has to be clicked "in a space that is higher" than where the actual "button" or "volume pot", or any of the nodes of the bands exists. So it is like the entire plugin (the GUI of the plugin) is miss-aligned to where the mouse actually triggers each action. I have had 2 instances of the Equality open at once, and one will have the bug and the other will not. At some point, after closing and re-opening the plugin, the bug will go away, and the GUI re-opens normally aligned but sometimes it had gotten so stuck that I had to delete the plugin from the track .

For the developer: I am on PT9 HD2 Accel on an 8 core Mac 2.25 Ghz, 6 Gigs RAM, Snow Leopard
Why don't you just drop Dave a line? [email protected]
He usually replies within hours, and he surely can help you better, than anybody here.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
Why don't you just drop Dave a line? [email protected]
He usually replies within hours, and he surely can help you better, than anybody here.
Absolutely, I wasn't looking for help here in the DUC for solving the specifics of the Equality bug. I was just passing information because may be other may be experiencing the same thing?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
Absolutely, I wasn't looking for help here in the DUC for solving the specifics of the Equality bug. I was just passing information because may be other may be experiencing the same thing?
Yes, I´ve noticed the same thing. Helps if you close and re-open the window.
I first noticed this behavior after the update to PT9, but that might be just a coincidence.

arvid in stockholm