Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 AM

Thumbs down "uknown exception" error in protools.dll when opening an aux track

Hello,
Forgive my earlier post in the wrong forum... I've just made the move to PT 8 HD, and when I try to open up an auxilary mono or stereo track and I get the following screen

notice the top track is not "painted".
after I clicking ok several times the warning goes away, but returns with a mouse click anywhere else. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've already re-installed PT twice. Thanks in advance.

-Balta
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Default Re: "uknown exception" error in protools.dll when opening an aux track

one more thing i discovered...this problem occurs only on new sessions i create...I can work on and open old sessions and they work like a charm.

-balta
Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 PM

it sometimes occurs in old sessions as well...could not complete "open session" command because an uknown exception occured at address 0x011x392 in module protools.dll
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM

I am getting the same thing! It is when I try to get to the MIDI screen! It just keeps giving me this error. Please help cause it is stopping me from getting a remix done. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF334 View Post
I am getting the same thing! It is when I try to get to the MIDI screen! It just keeps giving me this error. Please help cause it is stopping me from getting a remix done. PLEASE HELP!!!
You need to turn off the 'target' in the current open MIDI Editor Window before opening another one.