Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-03-2001, 08:14 PM

Default G4/733 & MTP USB Crashes

hi all,

i just purchased a USB MTP AV, and everytime i try to run OMS to setup MTP my CPU Crashes ..

i have the MTP connected straight to the CPU via USB, do i need a HUB ?

Bad USB Cable ?

Does anyone Have any Ideas ?

733/G4
PT Mix+

Thanx
adam
Old 10-03-2001, 08:36 PM

Default Re: G4/733 & MTP USB Crashes

Sorry I don't have a solution but I do have, perhaps, a similar problem.G4,466,PT Mix Plus, MTP AVusb, and since purchase I still have boot problems (requiring PRAM reset daily), had shut down problems. Could be a SCSI irregularity but other tests point to the USB interfaces. I am perplexed because every test boot requires an overnight shutdown. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2001, 07:56 AM
Avid

Default Re: G4/733 & MTP USB Crashes

The first thing that comes to mind is a potential extension conflict:
-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 9.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window. Name the set whatever you like. Enable the following extensions and restart the computer:
-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign Direct I/O
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager
-FreeMidi USB driver
-Open Music System
-USB OMS MIDI Driver
-USB Floppy Enabler

-If problems persist, does FreeMidi recognize the interface without problems (make sure you have enabled all the FreeMidi extensions)? If so, try the following:

Remove OMS and FreeMidi from the system and then reinstall both. However, install FreeMidi (1.4x) _AFTER_ installing OMS. Installing FreeMidi after OMS will then update the System Folder>OMS Folder with some MOTU specific files which may give you the functionality you need with your setup. Restart the computer and launch FreeMidi. It will say something like “FreeMidi has detected OMS...Do you want to use FreeMidi or OMS?” Click “Use OMS”. This puts FreeMidi into OMS compatibility mode. From this point on, FreeMidi will reman invisible to you and all configuring/editing of interfaces and devices is to be performed in OMS.

Brent