Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-28-2009, 05:32 AM

Default Static in my 192 i/o outputs!

I'm getting static on the output of channel 2 (right) of my 192 I/O, but it only happens when I arm a track, or playback! I can turn the Master Volume up, and everything will be fine, until I arm or playback, then there is static in my right monitor! It only physically shows on the I/O's output, and not on the C|24... PLEASE help!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:11 AM

Default Re: Static in my 192 i/o outputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizeup7 View Post
I'm getting static on the output of channel 2 (right) of my 192 I/O, but it only happens when I arm a track, or playback! I can turn the Master Volume up, and everything will be fine, until I arm or playback, then there is static in my right monitor! It only physically shows on the I/O's output, and not on the C|24... PLEASE help!
Hi,

Just a few things to check...
go to your hardware setup page and check the clock source is set to internal!
also check all inputs and outputs in the hardware setup for the 192!

maybe change the outputs around in the i/o setup page so that left goes to right and right goes to left etc, see if it is a physical problem or software changeable.

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club_Build A Tower top 20 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 Control 24 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Just a few things to check...
go to your hardware setup page and check the clock source is set to internal!
also check all inputs and outputs in the hardware setup for the 192!

maybe change the outputs around in the i/o setup page so that left goes to right and right goes to left etc, see if it is a physical problem or software changeable.
Thanks for the help! I did check The Hardware Setup, and the clock source was set to internal. I didn't toy around with the I/O setup though... I was hoping that there is some way to change the outputs from 1-2, to hopefully like, 3-4 or 5-6... Is it possible?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizeup7 View Post
Thanks for the help! I did check The Hardware Setup, and the clock source was set to internal. I didn't toy around with the I/O setup though... I was hoping that there is some way to change the outputs from 1-2, to hopefully like, 3-4 or 5-6... Is it possible?

switch left and right like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfbLcOWn7k

has it changed sides?

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club_Build A Tower top 20 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 Control 24 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
switch left and right like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igfbLcOWn7k

has it changed sides?
Yes, it changed, and so did the static! It's still on output 2, but coming out of the left monitor now... Funny thing is, whenever I turn the master volume up, it just gets louder...