Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 AM

Default Dock goes unresponsive more and more often

Over the past 6 months my dock has become unresponsive more and more often. Now it's happening several times a day which is killing my workflow.

- iPad 2 Latest pro tools control app
- EuControl 3.6.1
- Pro Tools 12.8 on Windows 7
- Dedicated closed loop network with separate NIC & Wifi Router dedicated for use with Eucontrol.

Worked well 6 months ago, now the dock often becomes unresponsive, the app doesn't report the connection dropped but the dock stops responding. Even when I turn the power button off on the back the lights on the front (purple) stay on. I have to unplug the power supply entirely to reboot the Dock.

Does my dock need to be repaired ?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: Dock goes unresponsive more and more often

Does everything on the Dock become unresponsive ? What happens if you move the fader in PT does it still move on the Dock ? Is it still listed in EuControl under Surfaces ?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Does everything on the Dock become unresponsive ? What happens if you move the fader in PT does it still move on the Dock ? Is it still listed in EuControl under Surfaces ?
Hey Eddie, did you guys ever release a firmware update for the dock? If so, perhaps he can try a re-flash?

I dunno, I'm just tossing ideas out there.. haha
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
If so, perhaps he can try a re-flash?
I would hold off on a re-flash just incase its a network problem and it fails halfway through.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hey Eddie thanks for you attention. The dock's transport works but all other buttons and the fader don't. The dock is still listed in the EuControl under surfaces.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:27 AM

This is a silly question but does the dock work with any other software? do you have another DAW you can test out? -- again just tossing out ideas to narrow things down.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Hey Anthony thanks for the help. I have not attempted to connect the doc to another DAW as I don't have another one installed.

Also adding in here that I have a session open minimum 8 hours per day usually 10, and as I walk away from the rig for breaks or meetings the (windows admin) settings managed by multiple owners (big company) will open the "lock" screen after 10min of inactivity. This is a requirement on site. The lock screen just prompts you for a user / pass it's not the same as logging out. I'll try and watch the relationship between the lock screen and the dock becoming responsive. Sorry I forgot to include this info in the original post.

Last edited by koo_koo_bonkers; 10-07-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: auto correct
Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Avid

What are the sleep settings for the machine ? EUCON will disconnect if it sleeps.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:36 AM

Hi koo_koo_bonkers,
I have identical behavior, and problem was in the rooter, there was a mess with IP addresses, try to check your DHCP reservation on your rooter. If two devices try to catch same IP address will be a conflict, and maybe this is your problem.

Last edited by 4o4o; 12-26-2017 at 04:15 PM.