Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2019, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Open Mix & Edit as Tabs in single window (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooxii View Post
Thank you Dirtytricks! Slightly different approach, but same result.

Jack, it looks like you're the one that still doesn't get it, but I tire of the confrontational approach (seems to be the modus operandi in this forum). The reasons have been explained, as has the means to acheive it. You don't need it? Great! Walk away. If you can't replicate it, I don't know why. If it upsets you how I work, c'est la vie. You do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Peace.
I wasn't going to dignify your responses anymore but I had time to think about it and here goes:
You come on here asking for help with something and you deny out-of-hand what people are telling you. You call it confrontational but you refuse to see that people are having problems trying to duplicate what you supposedly did via PT alone and you get called on it. You also refuse to see that there's a legitimate way of doing things within the Mac ecosystem. If you can't deal with the way people are responding like calling Janne condescending when he's right then I don't know what to say.

Then again this thread isn't any different than your last thread responses here asking about problems with Falcon. You were given responses that said you could safely ignore Gatekeeper and install the Falcon material without issue but you denied that it was didn't seem safe to you. We were telling you that it was but you couldn't see that.

QAPLA!
Old 11-23-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I wasn't going to dignify your responses anymore but I had time to think about it and here goes:
You come on here asking for help with something and you deny out-of-hand what people are telling you.
I wasn't asking for help. I was highlighting something. 'Read', Jake. Don't just 'react'.

Quote:
You call it confrontational but you refuse to see that people are having problems trying to duplicate what you supposedly did via PT alone and you get called on it.
Two other peole have already responded to confirm the possibility. Again, "read". Jake. Don't just cherry-pick.

Quote:
You also refuse to see that there's a legitimate way of doing things within the Mac ecosystem. If you can't deal with the way people are responding like calling Janne condescending when he's right then I don't know what to say.
Nobody 'refuses' to see the Mac way. "Read the thread".

Janne was being condescending, but he had the grace and dignity to recognise it. To quote him: "Oh okay, point taken." Again, read the thread. Not just your bits.

Quote:
You were given responses that said you could safely ignore Gatekeeper and install the Falcon material without issue but you denied that it was didn't seem safe to you.
So now 'you' get to decide what 'I' do as regards the security of my system? That's derisible. Have you heard of 'choice'? For your information, the reason I did not install the extra package was manifold – not least because Avid was hosting a download link several versions behind (since rectified).

I've learnt from many wise people from the 1970's through till now, recording at EMI, Wessex, Abbey Road, Trident, NY Recording Studios, Roundhouse, Montreaux, and many other studios. Arguments? Not many.

You, seem hell bent on making mountains out of molehills. Good luck in your endeavours.
Thread Closed, for me. I'll let you post your last word if it helps to get it off your chest ,-)
Old 11-23-2019, 01:04 PM

Calm down folks. If this is going to be a name-calling contest I will close the thread
Old 11-23-2019, 01:12 PM

Apologies on my behalf, Janne - I'll give a trigger warning next time I post anything
Thanks for you patience ,-)
Old 11-23-2019, 01:13 PM

no problem
Old 11-23-2019, 01:20 PM

There is a way to get tabs in PT that doesn't entail what the op did. I found an answer in this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399069
and while there wasn't an explicit setting to make I went to the Dock settings in OSX preferences. If you change the setting for 'Prefer tabs when opening documents' to 'always' you can get tabs in PT. I don't know what that does for other applications though.

edit for additional:
And as far as Rooxii is concerned you can trust me when I say if I see another thread where he posts I shall not get involved with any such thread.

QAPLA!
Old 04-15-2024, 02:22 PM

with latest Sonoma 14.4.1 and latest PT Studio, 2024.3.1

does anyone have Mixer as a TAB inside Pro Tools Edit page ?

a friend of mine had Catalina, and an older version of Pro Tools from 2020, i believe, and he had the mixer as a tab inside edit window, instead of as a floating window, which was cool,

i tried to follow everyones advice here, even changing OS, Dock setting, as recommended, but so far i can't do it