Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2011, 03:16 PM

Default My grid somehow got shifted last night...please help!

I'm a new user to Pro Tools, been using Cakewalk Sonar 7 for a few years and recently switched, and last night I was working on a project and everything was fine, the grid all lined up and it was good. Then I get up today and load it up and my grid lines are shifted, making copying and pasting sections like the drums and former guitar parts a massive headache.

Like I said, I was doing all that just fine yesterday, and now it's all messed up.

I spent about an hour looking up answers on the internet and this forum and have not seen this particular problem. I tried so many things like removing sync points/etc and nothing has had an effect.

I don't understand how the whole grid just gets shifted. I didn't switch the time or tempo, it's been 4/4 the whole way. The grid snapping somehow got shifted to OFF the measures, so instead of it being on 34, it's on like 34 and a half or something like that.

Anyone could help I'd really apprecaite it.

Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the problem, you can clearly see the lines are shifted from where they should be. They don't match the grid.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1971/1231313q.jpg
Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Default Re: My grid somehow got shifted last night...please help!

looks like your grid is set to look at seconds instead of bars and beats... try click in the left corner of your workspace so bars and beats line is active instead of the minutes/seconds line...

Also, it looks like your "grid" snapping options are set to seconds... try change it to beats or measures...

I'm not infront of my pro tools machine now to test it out but thats my guess looking at the screenshot..

Good Luck!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Default Re: My grid somehow got shifted last night...please help!

You're the man! That fixed it right up! Appreciate your help for a newbie!