Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM

Unhappy Errors galore...help!!!

I finally made the leap to a Mac after tiring of trying to configure a PC to run Pro-Tools properly. For awhile, I have been running Pro Tools quite smoothly on my machine, never really pushing the limits of what it should be able to handle. Probably the most CPU intensive thing I've thrown at it is Strike, and even that worked fine.

Yesterday, I went to listen to a session before bouncing to disk, and was rewarded with the ever popular 9136 error message; USB Audio is being held off. I tried increasing the sample buffer to the max, that did not work. I tried deleting all unused regions in the session, that did nothing. I tried consolidating all the regions in each track, that did nada. I only have seven tracks total in the session, with 1-3 plugins each. I am using Digidesign, Bomb Factory, Waves and Line6 plugins.

Not only will the session not so much as play back, but when I attempted to go ahead and bounce to disk, I also received the 9136 error. If I select "ignore error correction" in the setup dialog, the session will play, but then if I attempt to bounce, Pro Tools will crash. Is there any way to remedy this, or at least a work-around so that I can at least bounce down the file?

I have tried to follow the suggestions to the best of my abilities to optimize my Mac for Pro Tools, including turning off Bluetooth, Airport, Networking....I record to an external 7200rpm Firewire drive (FD Drive). I have tried all of the USB ports on the computer (although I have yet to try a different cable)...I have Pro Tools set to only use one processor. I am using a 2.0 GHz Intel dual core iMac running Leopard, with 4 gigs of RAM (the max).My interface is an original Mbox (the light blue one), with Pro-Tools 7.4. The only thing I can possibly think of is I did an update to Leopard a few days ago. When I looked at the log, it appears to have been a firmware update. Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wit's end.

Last edited by Analog Kid; 04-06-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Though of something else...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Errors galore...help!!!

Fixed it....I think!!! I trashed my preferences, restarted the computer, now it seems to be working just fine. What exactly am I doing when I "trash" the preferences anyway?

The Kid.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Errors galore...help!!!

What it says, you trashing the prefs. :)
Ok, so basicly somehow pro tools' prefs tend to be corrupted quite easily, so trashing it forces tools to recreate a new fresh one, which is fine.
Tamas Dragon