Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Need Some Help Identifying a Bit of Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Well, I'm using it as an example of how easy it is for anyone to just record regardless of location (or talent for that matter).
... and everyone with an iPhone in that class already has the free app, which can also be used in a more traditional, Pro Tools-like linear view, as opposed to Ableton-style clip-launching approach with built-in loops ... not that they all should though based on this evidence :)
Old 02-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Well, I'm using it as an example of how easy it is for anyone to just record regardless of location (or talent for that matter).
It wasn’t meant as a jab at you my friend It was just an observation that music just keep declining in quality everytime I check utube and billboard

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-06-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
It wasn’t meant as a jab at you my friend It was just an observation that music just keep declining in quality everytime I check utube and billboard

Stop listening to mainstream music.

Plenty of amazing music being made that will NEVER be popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

+1
Old 02-07-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

That is the sad truth these days!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-07-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

That is the sad truth these days!

I don’t know if that’s sad.

I’ve never equated popularity with greatness. 90% of the music I listened to my whole life would NEVER make it into the charts.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:19 PM

Mmmh...

Wouldn't it be RIGHT if great music got great audience and dull music ..umm.. not so great? I think it is ridiculous that simplest music gather biggest audiences just because the so called artist looks nice. And the real artis who perhaps doesn't care about the looks is usually alone with the art that really should be broadcasted for greater audience.

But then again, it takes a great ear to recognise great music so perhaps that's why most of the music sold is crap (on artistic scale). Because if you cannot make a difference between (on a scale of 0 to 10) song rated 5 and song rated 10 it effectively means you are favoring mediocracy and can pick a 10 only by pure luck.

I mean... even though I can manage to throw paint to a canvas, it doesn't make me a great artist even though millions of people would see that trash somewhere. It takes a lot of vision and trial&error for a real artist to create that one version that doesn't suck so much and represents the vision as closely as possible. AND after that miracle has happened, it also takes another great eye to recognise the piece of art.

Do I have to clarify this more? Let's say I have a keyboard controller on my desk. Does it make me a great pianist? And should I ever release something, would that be art or some common s*it

That's why I need to sometimes hear real music performed by real musicians, such as a London Symphony Orchestra gig anywhere in the world.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM

We can potentially like any music if we hear it enough times. The looks, the simplicity, the quality of the video are catchy too but the most important is repetition, that's what only sponsored artists really have and its the sponsors fault (who usually don't want to know about the music itself as music is just a way for them to achieve their goals) for choosing only bad music to promote. Of course there is always going to be a line of bad artists willing to do absolutely anything they are told to do in exchange for sponsorships and coins.