Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Default Snapshot automation making me crazy!

I am attempting to use snapshot automation to EQ dialogue using Digi EQ3. I am using PT8.05LE DVTK2. I know it has limited snapshot automation capability. I am using "write to all" to write to selected regions.

Okay, there is no EQ automation on the track, select region, suspend automation, fiddle with EQ and write to all. It does write automation to that region, but also sets that setting as the default setting for the whole track, before and after the region, just like it would if there was no automation.

I want the EQ to be flat before and after. The only way I have figured this can be done is to select the whole track and write to all with the plugin zeroed out to make that the default setting.

Is this the only way to do this?

Pro Tools 10.3.9 HDN | HD Omni | Digi Command 8 | Artist Transport | Digi Surround Panner | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | JBL LSR4328 5.1
2.26GHz 8 Core Nehelam 8GB Ram OSX 10.8.5
Old 12-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Snapshot automation making me crazy!

When you start working, flat all the eq's then just snap automation on all tracks at the end or at the begging.No need to select the whole trak, just a small selection. When you write automation for the first time it writes it on all the track, so it better be flat. I work with only plug-in selected in the enabled automation window, so when you snap, you snap without flattening the volume/pan....
Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Snapshot automation making me crazy!

Agree with rafukyo. Do a default write first, and then go at it on your clips.
Sometimes when you edit clips after snapshotting it can lead to unwanted eq staying in the track, so keep an eye out for that.
You can always option shift return (select to end) and then write default eq to the track if you find it going beyond where you've snapshotted.