Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM

Default PT 10.0.1 uninstaller will not work

Hi everyone,

I was away on holiday for a short break during a recording project I'm recording for a group. When I returned and attempted to launch Protools I was met with the following:

'ProTools could not initiate the current playback device. Please make sure that the device has been configured correctly'.

Prior to my leaving for vacation I performed a PT software update check and was advised to download of the 10.2 update, which I did but did not expand or install it as I was about to leave.

When I tried to install the 10.2 download I was advised to delete any previous version of the application prior to installing the newest version.

When I attempt to run the uninstaller only nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It goes as far as giving you the options for the recommended uninstall and the clean sweep type removing all plugins etc. Click either one and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm screwed with no recording software and the group are due to return on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone a clue what might be wrong here.........cant get anyone on the phone with PT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running a MAC PRO tower and OSX 10.6.8

Thanks in advance all........

Eugene
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 PM

Default Re: PT 10.0.1 uninstaller will not work

Now would be a good time to restore from a drive image or a time machine backup. Then try the uninstaller again, but include removing the HD driver(at least that has helped some others in updating to 10.2)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Re: PT 10.0.1 uninstaller will not work

You should have an online account you registered your stuff under with Avid... go sign in and it will show you the PT versions you have bought and you can also download the various versions (as long as you registered the PT license).

This is a manual list for removing PT:

http://www.proaudiosupport.com/a4355...otools-le.html

Once you fully remove it... download the version of PT you want to install from your user account with Avid. You shoul dbe back up and running... Choose to install updates after you do the clean install if you want... but that should get you back up and running....