Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2020, 10:25 AM

Default VCA spill not working properly on Artist Mix after update to Eucon 20.5

I am using an Artist Mix on the latest firmware (1.5.6.0)
I have an issue since I installed Eucon 20.5.0.149. Let’s say I have a MASTER Layout selected with 2 Master VCAs on faders 1&2 and the rest of the board blank. I double press Master VCA 1 and it spills the group of VCAs under that group with the Master VCA on the far right fader (as it should). I double press again on one of the groups’ VCAs and it spills the audio tracks under that group, etc. BUT when I try to come back from the spill by double pressing the VCA again, it does not take me back to the MASTER Layout. Instead, it goes back to no Layout at all and spills all the tracks in the session. It used to work in earlier versions, am I missing an option or preference I should change in the new version of Eucon? This is honestly my favorite feature of using the Artist Mix and Eucon and would hate to lose it.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2020, 11:14 AM

Default Re: VCA spill not working properly on Artist Mix after update to Eucon 20.5

I have found that spilling and cancelling a VCA spill one layer deep works as expected. However, if you spill a second VCA without returning to your master layout first, surfaces to not return to master layout automatically.

A workaround for the moment is to program a softkey for your master layout (which is a good idea anyway) to make it quicker and easier to return to the top.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:21 AM

Default Re: VCA spill not working properly on Artist Mix after update to Eucon 20.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber View Post
I have found that spilling and cancelling a VCA spill one layer deep works as expected. However, if you spill a second VCA without returning to your master layout first, surfaces to not return to master layout automatically.

A workaround for the moment is to program a softkey for your master layout (which is a good idea anyway) to make it quicker and easier to return to the top.
Thanks for the workaround suggestion. I don't always have the iPad Avid Control App running but I guess I am going to have to run it all the time for this to work.