Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 10-02-2019, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Plugins not scanning nicely

For what it's worth, I've had a similar issue when installing plugins that make use of ReWire.

After install of ReWire related plug (in our case, Source Connect/Nexus and VoiceQ), Protools scans all plugins again and crashes once it gets to iZotope plugs. I've seen it happen with Ozone 7/8 and RX 6/7.

Workaround is is to remove those AAX files from the plugins folder > launch PT > then throw those plugs back in (after quitting). If still trouble, can also reinstall quickly via iZotope Product Portal.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillevine View Post
For what it's worth, I've had a similar issue when installing plugins that make use of ReWire.

After install of ReWire related plug (in our case, Source Connect/Nexus and VoiceQ), Protools scans all plugins again and crashes once it gets to iZotope plugs. I've seen it happen with Ozone 7/8 and RX 6/7.

Workaround is is to remove those AAX files from the plugins folder > launch PT > then throw those plugs back in (after quitting). If still trouble, can also reinstall quickly via iZotope Product Portal.

In my case, having Reason in there didn’t affect scanning of iZotope plugs before this weekend.

FWIW
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 PM

@phillevine: this was different from my issue. Removing ozone plugin just meant it stalled on another plugin, replacing ozone, reinstalling ozone, it still hung on ozone. trashing prefs - lots of plugins claimed they weren't 64 bit and failed.

My issue seems to have been pinned down to running Sierra especially 10.12.6, and then upgrading your iphone or ipad (!!!!!) to ios 13.

So now not only do we have to worry about OSX updates, we now have to worry about phone updates too...
Old 10-03-2019, 04:56 PM

It’s official, at least the 64 bit thing:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...Failed-to-Load