How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2020, 03:16 PM

Default East West Spaces causes DAE Error -7400

Hey All.
When I load the Spaces from East West on a track, I get the DAE Error -7400. I just did a reinstall of the Spaces, and still no change.
When loading up PT I get this "This plug-in cannot be loaded due to insufficient system resources".

But it does work on standalone. I don't remember from when it was working before, but are we supposed to manually move any of the Spaces files into any of the PT File Folders?

As of now the Spaces.aaxplugin is in located here: Program Files > Common Files > Avid > Audio > Plug-ins.

Appreciate any help.

Windows 10
PT 11

Last edited by lederhosen; 06-08-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:20 PM

Default Re: East West Spaces causes DAE Error -7400

I know this isn't an answer you're looking for but I have Spaces 2 and haven't had any issues. I didn't have to move any files. Just installed it. Have you contacted East West? Ive owned their products for a long time and was hesitant to contact them recently for a separate issue but they were actually pretty helpful.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
Hey All.
When I load the Spaces from East West on a track, I get the DAE Error -7400. I just did a reinstall of the Spaces, and still no change.
When loading up PT I get this "This plug-in cannot be loaded due to insufficient system resources".

But it does work on standalone. I don't remember from when it was working before, but are we supposed to manually move any of the Spaces files into any of the PT File Folders?

As of now the Spaces.aaxplugin is in located here: Program Files > Common Files > Avid > Audio > Plug-ins.

Appreciate any help.

Windows 10
PT 11
You do know that Win 10 and PT 11 aren't considered compatible by Avid right?

QAPLA!
Old 06-10-2020, 09:16 AM

Tao, I did reach out to EW before I posted here, and they said it was a PT problem.

musicman, I have 12 Libraries from EW, and have never had a problem.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Tao, I did reach out to EW before I posted here, and they said it was a PT problem.

Doesn't matter how many libraries you have from EW - you still are running an incompatible setup of PT and Win 10. yes that combo works for some but that doesn't mean someone won't have issues. People REALLY need to pay attention to the compatibility chart as Avid does the testing for a reason.

EW looked at your system specs and are saying it's not their fault and I don't blame them.

QAPLA!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Yes and now you do have a problem.

I've pulled the trigger on this revolver with one round in the cylinder multiple times and I am still alive....

Unfortunately I suspect you won't get much help from Avid on this, if you purchase an ASC and actually contact Avid support they are likely to tell you to go away because you are running an unsupported config. It's kind of disingenuous of EW to just tell you to contact Avid. Their support and engineering folks should be in good positions to debug stuff like this.... but once they also realize you are running an unsupported congig they'll likely tell you to go away as well. Pro Tools 11 is pretty old, lots has improved since then.

But there is some standard troubleshooting you can try. Have you tried trashing prefs yet? Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin? Testing with an entirely new empty session? There is nothing you should be moving by hand. Run the installer and let the plugins install where they do. You can put samples where you need.

At some point you may just have to try installing a current/supported Pro Tools version. You can try Pro Tools 2020 Ultimate for one month free (then buy a standard license if you want to).

And you are really getting a DAE 7400 error ? Not an AAE 7400?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-10-2020 at 11:42 AM.