Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Default "Automation Follows Edit" indicator in YELLOW when it's off, please!!

Well, almost everyone has screwed themselves when they unchecked (or now unclicked) "Automation Follows Edit" - and forgot to turn it back on.

So although it's nice to have "front panel" indication, it's just another blue button - it doesn't jump out at you when it's on or off.

How about making it so it's yellow when Unchecked/unclicked? Most people I talk to say, RED!! - but I can understand why some people might not want it red (though I wouldn't mind).

And while we're at it -

The cool new Sync HD indicator for the Edit Window header? In the name of consistency over function, the "Speed Cal" indicator is Yellow when everything is OK. Guys - GREEN means GO, YELLOW means CAUTION.

My vote would be to make the caution indications more like idiot lights, and the hell with being consistent with the front panel of Sync HD. Which would also mean - when there is no system lock, don't just flash the green "locked" - make it RED and flash it!

Am I alone in this?