Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Default Send Output Meter shows track level?

I must have changed some setting...

1. I have Send A bussed to an aux track with a reverb plugin.

2. When in View/Sends A-E/Assignments, the Send A meter (when opened) shows the track level output even when the level is set to -infinity.

3. When in View/Sends A-E/Send A, the Send A meter shows no signal at all even when the Send level is all the way up.

4. In both instances adjusting the send level changes the amount of reverb heard on the track, so the signal is passing through to the aux/reverb track. The meter simply doesn't reflect the send level in either View setting.

Is this a preference in PT8 that I missed or something peculiar to my system? I don't remember sends working this way in PT7.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Send Output Meter shows track level?

First make sure pre fader metering is not selected.

At the top of your screen click on options.

Towards the bottom you will see pre fader metering make sure this is unselected.

2. the next troubleshoot is actually on the send it self, make sure that is not in pre fader.

Also try using digi database and pref trasher.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 PM

Thanks. That was definitely part of the problem: Under Options, Pre-fader Metering had been selected. I deselected it and the fader in Assignment mode started working normally.

After that however, when setting it to View/Sends A-E/Send A the meter still doesn't work at all in the track or in the mixer even though when I pop the meter "panel" open in that setting, it shows normal meter activity. I've never used that setting myself, so I can live without it working, but I'm now wondering if it's a PT8 bug or something on my system only...

[the P (pre-fader) button is not enabled at any point - and clicking it doesn't make the meter work in the Send A option]

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM

did you download the preferences and database trasher email me at [email protected] and I will send it to you.