Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-08-2021, 07:45 AM

Default Shufle Deleting Tempo Changes, Markers, and tracks.

I don't know the keywords to try and find this answer with google and at the Avid forums. I'd appreciate advice or confirmation in my method.

I have a custom Tempo map. Tempo changes every measure. Now I've received some feedback about manipulating the song structure. At the moment, and I'm sure more edits to come, I need to remove 2 measures from a song. After searching for the solution (shuffle edit/delete/collapse tempo/markers and so on) I simply tried selecting the Bars/Beats, Tempo, and Marker areas in my timeline in Grid Mode, along with the audio, switched to Shuffle, and hit Delete. This Shuffle deletes all but the Tempo map.

I can Shuffle Delete just the Marker Lane, audio/Midi Tracks, and Tempo Map individually. It's three steps and just seems there's a lot of room for error. I'd like to confirm I'm doing this the most efficient way.

This method above, select audio tracks/midi tracks, Shuffle delete. Select Markers, Shuffle Delete. Select Tempo Map, Shuffle Delete. Is this the only method to achieve editing Song Structures with custom Tempo Maps?

Thanks for your time!

*I'm also noticing I can not Shuffle Delete the Marker Lane, unless there is a Marker actually in the selection. Can anyone confirm this is true? If I Shuffle Delete an entire Chorus, selection starts from the Chorus Marker, it works with no issues. If I want to Shuffle Delete 2 measures out of the middle of a chorus, meaning no markers are in my selection, nothing happens when Shuffle Deleting. This isn't a big issue, just something I'd like to confirm. I can move the markers manually if needed. I hope that's a sensible explanation.

Last edited by Monty_python; 03-08-2021 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Marker Shuffle Delete