Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Default No 1394 Light, Digi CoreAudio Manager won't launch

Hello, many years ago I was a regular ProTools user, running a project studio out of my home. I just went up to the attic last week to see if I could fire up the old digi002 rack and I'm stuck at step one.

I can't get a 1394 connect light on my unit. I know the port is good. I know the cable is good. I have tried cleaning the contacts suggested by those who have had power harness issues (my unit has never had this problem). Still no dice.

Perhaps unrelated, though I used the new Digi mountain lion approved CoreAudio driver installer, the Digi CoreAudio Manager it installed will not launch and the icon has a line through it like its an illegal app or something. Gatekeeper is off on my machine (it's set to allow applications from anywhere).

One last issue: I find that I can't launch MainStage or GarageBand with the Digi MIDI drivers installed. When I try to launch either of these apps, they hang on MIDI initialization. Wen I manually remove these drivers from my /Library folder, I can then launch these apps but if I ever got things working, it would be nice to be able to use the MIDI ports on the 002.

Anyway, I feel like a newbie again. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I'm running 10.8.2 on a 13" MacBook Pro (2.5GHz Core i5 8GB RAM). I don't have any version of ProTools installed at this point. Not sure if I will. Thinking of jumping ship to Logic for this new adventure.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Default No 1394 Light, Digi CoreAudio Manager won't launch

The internal logic/fw board dc harness probably needs to be changed. It's a notorious 002 problem, especially the early runs - pre serials rev.e - I think.

I think another hint is it stops making the 3 little "tic" sounds as it initializes after power up, just before the fw led would light up.

You probably should try to contact your local reseller/contact service center. If it's a really cheap service call ($50?) I'd consider it. Otherwise, seeing as they are eol units and they most probably won't work with pt11... Anything upwards of $100 will be better spent on upgrading.

Good luck! :)

Darryl Ramm
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Re: No 1394 Light, Digi CoreAudio Manager won't launch

Thanks so much for the quick answer. Indeed, that seemed like it was the answer hardware-wise. Any sense of what could be up on the software end? I can't find anyone else who's having such problems with the MIDI drivers. Same with the Digi CoreAudio Manager error: "You do not have permission to open the application "Digi CoreAudio Manager."
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Default Re: No 1394 Light, Digi CoreAudio Manager won't launch

im actually having probs of my 002r not connecting to my MBP at all! i install the Digi Core Audio Manager and my interface wont connect period. the firewire light on the back of the unit is lit but the light on the front isnt. i know my interface doesnt have the power harness problem as it functions fine on my windows computer. the cable is good as well. im thinking of upgrading to ML but dont want to yet as i want to make sure all my programs will work ok