Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-14-2019, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack direct monitoring always on

I merged multiple threads that all seem to be about the same thing - Eleven Rack's input doesn't mute when opening a session.

I repro'd this on my iMac with driver 1.2.13 and confirmed that 1.2.12 works properly. avid.force.com/pkb/articles/download/Eleven-Rack-Drivers

Went through the posts here to make sure a support case is logged for each user. If you are experiencing this and don't have a case open please start one or reply to this thread and state your Operating System and Eleven Rack driver versions.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2019, 06:26 AM

Hello Guys,

It's been hot here lately, far too hot to use the computer during the day, and didn't want to to use the computer with Pro Tools at night. But I needed to see what was happening. Anyway, I had a couple of ear blowouts when I wasn't ready with some changes I had made, but, no one heard over the top of air conditioners and fans.

So, I loaded up Pro Tools had that awful doubling sound Benoni was talking about in his last post. Turned the low latency on/off, but, the 11R sound was coming through as well as the BIAS sound on the armed track. I can't stop it. Twice now for reasons I can't fathom it wasn't there, but, every other time it is.

The only thing I can think of to stop it is to make a preset on the 11R that was all banks clear, but, I can't help thinking that the sound will be coloured by the 11R and not really getting the full Bias amp/FX experience. Any thought on that? Anything else that I might try that will stop the 11R coming through?

It's 1:00 in the AM and I've broken out in a sweat, luckily I have a bottle of ice water with me to stop having a complete mind meltdown.

Thanks and Regards.

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP

Last edited by Vercingetorix; 01-23-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 AM

Try trashing prefs. Then do the workaround again. It's not 100%, but it usually works eventually - at least on Windows.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-24-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Try trashing prefs. Then do the workaround again. It's not 100%, but it usually works eventually - at least on Windows.
Hello All,

I tried trashing the Prefs, re-establishing the I/O because they were gone, Arming/disarming tracks and using the Low Latency thingy to get the Eleven Rack from sending its signal through Pro Tools all to no avail.

However there is one thing I never thought to mention too busy dealing with the heat, tiredness and generally not feeling well about my current situation - long story. So, I'll bring it up now because it might be at the root of this problem. Anyway when even I go to use ProTools I have to turn on the Eleven Rack, ProTools tells me to turn on the hardware or cancel out of the booting up process, then I turn on my monitors. But a couple of days ago I didn't boot up ProTools, I switched on the Eleven Rack, turned on the monitors and too my surprise the Eleven Rack was magically coming through the monitors without being in ProTools or having any tracks armed - it wasn't coming through the PC speakers only the monitors. So would this be the root of my problem - sound coming through the monitors but not in area way related to ProTools?!? Or is this normal behaviour?

Thankyou And Regards.

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP

Last edited by Vercingetorix; 01-24-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:52 PM

I suppose I should mention that I am using:
Windows: 8.1
11R driver: v1.1.7 (edit: v1.1.11)
ProTools: v11.2.2

Would that help finding a solution?

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-26-2019, 04:33 PM

Ok was playing around with ProTools again this time I decided to play around with the arming of the tracks as well muting & soloing tracks and this got interesting. It seems muting the track with the 11R on it allowed for the other dry track with the Bias Amp and stereo Inserts seem to work (properly!?!) - I can't stress the seem enough. But then even if I disarm the track it will continue to come through (ie Bias and Stereo) over the top of whatever is being played, so, I will need to then use the mute and will continue to need to mute more tracks as the tracks add up which will only affect recording and will probably be playing to a click or other instrument.

So it's annoying yes, but, that is something I can live with.

Will post again if this stops working, and knowing my luck it will probably be tomorrow .

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 01-27-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Hello All,

I tried trashing the Prefs, re-establishing the I/O because they were gone, Arming/disarming tracks and using the Low Latency thingy to get the Eleven Rack from sending its signal through Pro Tools all to no avail.

However there is one thing I never thought to mention too busy dealing with the heat, tiredness and generally not feeling well about my current situation - long story. So, I'll bring it up now because it might be at the root of this problem. Anyway when even I go to use ProTools I have to turn on the Eleven Rack, ProTools tells me to turn on the hardware or cancel out of the booting up process, then I turn on my monitors. But a couple of days ago I didn't boot up ProTools, I switched on the Eleven Rack, turned on the monitors and too my surprise the Eleven Rack was magically coming through the monitors without being in ProTools or having any tracks armed - it wasn't coming through the PC speakers only the monitors. So would this be the root of my problem - sound coming through the monitors but not in area way related to ProTools?!? Or is this normal behaviour?

Thankyou And Regards.
That behavior sounds normal. You can use the Eleven Rack without Pro Tools being opened or even having the unit connected to a computer.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio