Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2019, 11:47 PM

Default Re-amping routing

Hi.

I am using Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7.

I have recorded a guitar track using a Lehle P-Split as a DI Box, so I could get one track via an amp (line 6 Pod) for a "dirty" version and one "clean" track directly into my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R to use for re-amping.

I want to send the output from the "clean" track back to the P-Split to direct back through the Pod. When I try to change the output on the clean track in Pro Tools the outputs (other than 1-2) are all showing "n/a".

Q. Could anyone please tell me how to get the other outputs active so I can get the track re-routed.

Thanks,

T
Old 03-28-2019, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Re-amping routing

make sure the playback engine is really set to what you think it is.

On the input/output/bus pages of setup>IO select IO paths and click delete to delete them, then click the default button and see if stuff works then as expected.

You would likely be better off using amp sim plugins in Pro Tools, many of which sound better than the pod, Eleven, Eleven Mk II, Bias Amp, ... many more and no messing around with external hardware.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:37 AM

Darryl,

Thank you very much for your reply and MANY apologies for taking so long to get back. I have been out of action recently and not touched anything musical since I posted.

I agree that amp plug-ins would be a better way to go. I have just had a look at the most "popular". The high end ones seem very expensive. Can you recommend anything that is very good quality with plenty of choice around the £100 mark?

Thanks again,

T
Old 04-10-2019, 11:28 AM

You will likely get lots of useful advice from others, if you don't hear that here it may take reposting as a question in a new thread and saying what type of music and or amps you want to emulate.

The Pro Tools Complete Plugin Bundle annual subscription is a pretty good bargain and includes Eleven Mk II. But the systems requirements states it requires a 64-bit version of Pro Tools, I'm not sure why that is I would have hoped at least for reasonable AAX-32 support. Maybe somebody here knows if it will work with Pro Tools 10 at all.

I use Positive Grid software as well as Eleven Mk II (and Eleven Rack). Unfortunately for you it looks like Positive Grid Bias Amp 2 removed RTAS support, and I'm pretty sure they never did AAX-32 and so requires Pro Tools 11 or higher. Pity becase I like them and Bias Amp 2 currently starts at a promotional price of $US70.

There are lots of other choices out there and lots of online reviews you can look at as well.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Thanks Darryl.

I am looking at some now. Just getting prices at the minute. I will then go on YouTube and have a look/listen.

Thanks again,

T
Old 04-11-2019, 11:53 AM

Hi Darryl.

So, I am I correct in thinking that a 12 month subscription @ £46.80 gets me access to Eleven Mk. ii for twelve months (as well as all the other stuff - which is mostly included with Pro Tools anyway)?

Cheers,

T