Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 AM

Default Mountain Lion compatibility for Pro Tools 8.0.3 SE

I have Pro Tools SE 8.03 and recently got a new mac book pro which uses mountain lion and now pro tools is not working properly. Can anybody give me a hand in getting information as to if there is a way to make this version of Pro Tools work on mountain lion?

It is unbelievable how inaccessible information is through Avid, and the fact that in order to be able to contact a human being you have to purchase a support code?!? What kind of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] is this? Instead of Customer Service they refer to Customer Success?!?!? Well, there is no success for this customer. I love pro tools, but what a way to treat your customers...
Old 07-20-2013, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Mountain Lion compatibility for Pro Tools 8.0.3 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik LaCh View Post
I have Pro Tools SE 8.03 and recently got a new mac book pro which uses mountain lion and now pro tools is not working properly. Can anybody give me a hand in getting information as to if there is a way to make this version of Pro Tools work on mountain lion?

It is unbelievable how inaccessible information is through Avid, and the fact that in order to be able to contact a human being you have to purchase a support code?!? What kind of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] is this? Instead of Customer Service they refer to Customer Success?!?!? Well, there is no success for this customer. I love pro tools, but what a way to treat your customers...
I don't think you'll ever get any version of PT8 to run on Mountain Lion. If you could get ML to boot into 32 bit kernel that might work but that can't be done with ML. That being said there is a patch at: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...25fd69470b3dc1
that's supposed to help getting your version of PT working on Lion. Don't know if it'll work on Mountain Lion. Under latest version and supported operating systems it looks like Lion is the latest OSX version supported. Now remember that not supported doesn't mean it won't work, just that Avid hasn't tested it.

No need to get all bent out of shape about this. A simple Google search found the info I'm posting here. Try this and then pay for a support code to talk to Avid.

QAPLA!