Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2017, 08:17 PM

Default Serious protools issues

I have Protools First which I am using as I wait for my iLok in order to use the main Protools software and I have 2 major issues which has wasted enough time for me and if there is no suitable fix then I will be cancelling my subscription and ask for a refund.

I have seen this issue has been reported since 2011 and I am quite concerned that AVID are doing nothing about it. To compound things even further I am finding out that I have to PAY for support before I can get AVID to fix their broken software. So you sell something that doesn't work and then ask people to pay to get it fixed.....!

Number one issue Elastic Audio fails to load everytime I start up Protools.

Number two the EUCON personality fails to load. These need to be fixed asap.

I hope someone can help but I think AVID needs to address this ASAP.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Serious protools issues

I'm not sure anybody really pays that much attention to Pro Tools First. I expect very few *users* here care about it, and almost none of us actually use it. I'd not use Pro Tools First in any way to assess full Pro Tools 12.

But if you want anybody to actually do anything about problems you need to provide much more information, what exact problems with what computer hardware, OS version, interfaces, etc. and what troubleshooting have you done. Start at "Help Us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page and at least try some of the standard troubleshooting stuff there, and provide the expected information about you system. It's often best to create new separate threads on DUC for each separate problem.

I would be extremely surprised if lots of users are not seeing Elastic audio work for them with Pro Tools First. What exact errors are you getting, and again what troubleshooting (like trashing prefs, uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools, checking the system is fully optimized properly, etc.) have you tied? And for Eucon, what exact version of First and what exact version of Eucon software do you have installed? What Eucon peripherals and have you trashed prefs, etc.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Serious protools issues

Ok First of all Darryl thanks for replying. I do appreciate it.

Elastic Audio.axplugin could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software

Error details

import DLL izotope_radius-xform_x64.dll cannot be loaded.

This did not always happen and is now happening. It happens when it scans for plug-ins.

This has been reported on this forum a few times already.

It also happens on all systems I have installed Protools First on. Laptop or desktop so it has nothing to do with my hardware.

Windows 10 i7 processor and the audio interface is irrelevant it happens on start up so it happens on all audio devices.

Funny enough Eucon is loading now after a complete uninstall and reinstall. We'll see how long it lasts. I have installed Protools 12 but I can't use it yet so Protools First is all I have now and I expect it to work as intended with no errors. The Elastic Audio issue happens regardless of whether I install Protools First on its own or with Protools 12. I have tested both.