Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM

Default tracks not showing in edit window? is it me or PT?

i can see certain tracks in mix window, that don't appear in the edit window.

this might be an interesting feature for some. however,i can't make those track reappear in edit window (hide/unhide command in mix or hide unhide in track listing on the left. they don't show up even if they are 'dotted'...

this happens to me the first after my 10.2 update
Old 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Re: tracks not showing in edit window? is it me or PT?

Have you scrolled top to bottom in the edit window to see if these missing tracks are just off the screen? I've never seen this(actually would like to have the option). My next guess would maybe be a graphics issue. You make no mention of what computer you have or what its graphics capabilities are After that, maybe a re-install?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-20-2012, 01:59 PM

mac pro quad 3 Ghz
16GB
os 10.6.8
NVIDIA quadro FX 4500 512 VRAM

i don't know how to upload pics here, i have some screenshots ready, or i could e-mail them plus the session file if you are interested.

i found, that the tracks that don't show are two mono that i splitted from a stereo track....

i won't do a re-install until it gets MUCH worse. i'm in the middle of a project and time is rather short...
Old 08-22-2015, 01:28 PM

I'm having this same issue, tracks are "dotted" but not showing up in edit window. They are however showing up in mix window. Tried restart and trashing prefs. Issue persists. I haven't updated pro tools (or OS X in a long time, issue just presented itself yesterday, it's never happened before. Other tracks will show up, only some tracks refuse to show in edit window. Pro Tools is 10.3.8, OS X is 10.10.2.

EDIT: Hmm, changing track heights (ctrl-opt-cmnd+down arrow) made them appear...? Weird...
Old 08-23-2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan01 View Post
I'm having this same issue, tracks are "dotted" but not showing up in edit window. They are however showing up in mix window. Tried restart and trashing prefs. Issue persists. I haven't updated pro tools (or OS X in a long time, issue just presented itself yesterday, it's never happened before. Other tracks will show up, only some tracks refuse to show in edit window. Pro Tools is 10.3.8, OS X is 10.10.2.

EDIT: Hmm, changing track heights (ctrl-opt-cmnd+down arrow) made them appear...? Weird...
Part of your problem (it might be the whole problem) is you're running PT10 in Yosemite and it's not approved for that version of OSX. Not only that but there are several known graphics issues when trying to do this - like blank effects/instruments selection windows when you go to do an insert until you mouse over the menu item. The last OSX version approved for PT10 is OSX 10.8.5 although several people have it running in OSX 10.9.5; it's just that the uninstaller doesn't work in Mavericks.

QAPLA!
Old 08-23-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan01 View Post

Yes, the way to make them reappear is to make all tracks the same height with the option key. It's a strange bug, and I don't know how to prevent it, but at least we know how to find them.
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits