Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Unhappy Venue 3.0 SNAPSHOT/SAFE PROBLEM

I am having big problems using snapshots, in particular the AUX MON parameter. I am the FOH engineer for Denton Bible Church and we just had our brand new Venue installed 2 weeks ago. The problem seems to be the Snapshots working with the Recall Safes.

Everything for snapshots worked fine when I started to build our Sunday morning show last week. I only automated the Fader and Mute parameters. They all recalled properly and worked great. When I went in to Recall Safe particular channels it would adhere to the Safes.

This week I am adding in AUX MON to the snapshots and have been trying to figure out why it will only work when the Recall Safe "Master ON/OFF" is in the OFF position. This means I can't utilize any of the Safes because when the Master is in the OFF position it globally disables them. When I turn it on and I make sure to de-select all AUX MON, but when I go in to recall my snapshot it won't recall them(it is like they are still checked in Recall Safe).

So my only solution right now is to globally disable all of my recall safes, which makes things a lot harder than they need to be. I HAVE been able to get this problem to duplicate in the offline software. To troubleshoot it I have tried building new shows, snapshots, make sure they are AUX MON and not AUX FX, etc... Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be or are experiencing the same problem? Thanks for any help!!

PrestA17

Digidesign Venue 3.0
MacPro running Leopard
ProTools 10 HDX
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: Venue 3.0 SNAPSHOT/SAFE PROBLEM

prestA17,

Can you make sure "CH SENDS" is not checked in Snapshots>Recall Safe>Outputs>Aux? It sounds like this might be the problem.

Thanks,
-Mike