Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM

Default Apogee Thunderbridge to connect AVID HD I/O?

I'm planning to upgrade my mobile setup and I had few questions but couldn't find the answers online.
Is it ok to use Apogee's thunderbridge to connect Avid HD I/O instead of Avid Native thunderbolt interface? Apogee Thunderbridge is $999 and I'm not sure if Avid sells just the thunderbolt bridge by itself but technically they're little over 2grand. .
I personally like Avid HD I/O over Symphony I/O. I was looking at the UA Apollo, but i read few posts saying they're not reliable for professional studios.
I've been running PT HD for over 10years and there were some minor issues time to time but it was very reliable.

so what would be my ideal mobile setup?

is it HD Native + HD I/O or Apogee Thunderbridge + HD I/O or the Apollo with Thunderbridge Card option?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Apogee Thunderbridge to connect AVID HD I/O?

See answer in your other post.