Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2011, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Occasional headphone out problems with Mbox 3 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by anackman View Post
I think after 3 pages worth of comments, it'd be nice if Avid gave us at least a status update on where things stand.
Well, with all due respect to those writing code and manufacturing the boxes, it's pretty obvious that the lack of it (yet? ever?) is the answer to the question, since it's now mid August.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 AM

This is the latest example of mis-behavior from my "very beloved" Mbox Pro(3):

Headphone A dead. Headphone B working fine.
(Hmmm. What's going on this time?) : With ProTools running - I open the control panel, to check Headphone A if anything is passing through. Audio seems to pass through from PT channels 1 & 2 perfectly.. But it does'nt!!!!
NOW all of a sudden, Pro Tools halts with a Buffer Underrun.. At the same time the UI in the control panel starts to (and keeps on) updating VERY slow. The buffer underruns keeps on appearing when trying to playback the session...
In other words... Can't work. Only thing to do is to restart all over and hope it does'nt happen the next time.

This and other weird things has happended a thousand times before..
This is just the latst example. Maybe I should post here everytime it happens.

AVID - I think it's rather serious.
BUT could you please ADMIT these serious problems for people in here???

(Or maybe just let me know that I am the stupid one.. I won't take it personal... I promise... I'm here to learn still!)
Confession is not a human weakness. Denial is!!!

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Avid

Sorry for the late reply - I wanted to try to get more info on this before posting.

This issue is something we are working on, though I don't have a projected date for a fix yet. I'll try to update this thread as I get more info...
Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 AM

Funny!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Sorry for the late reply - I wanted to try to get more info on this before posting.

This issue is something we are working on, though I don't have a projected date for a fix yet. I'll try to update this thread as I get more info...
Hey thanks for your reply.
We are waiting with excitement..
Old 08-17-2011, 10:45 PM

hey digi, just read the whole post; the most common errors are: booting without sync, and random functionality of the headphones out.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 AM

Same problem with the headphones here. Usually one of them works though. Buffer underruns are my biggest concern. And sometimes when I go to the hardware options in pro tools, some of the hardware options are unavailable. For example the settings for the multi button and the footswitch.

To me it seems that I need to hold my thumbs every time I start the Mbox, and hope that it doesn't forget to initialize anything.

I'm looking forward to a solution. I was planning to record my debut album in a few weeks. I hope I will be able to do that.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:46 AM

Why there are so many issues with Mbox pro and no with mbox (without pro, not mini)?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM

Because the Pro, afaik, is the only one that relies on an additional software component which dictates routing between the hardware and the ins/outs and PTools. And it has many bugs that can't seem to be fixed by AVID.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Here I am one more who has the same issue with headphones, preamp buttons and in addition during recording or playback I lose sound at all. Only restart (PT and sound card) helps.
Sometimes it has some noises during recording or playback, it's a small crackle noises which comes permanently.
I run in windows 7 with latest PT 8 updates.

Please, fix it!

p.s. one question, please excuse me for small off-topic, but don't want to open new threat just for this question. So: which operational system is better for protools with m box 3 pro - XP or W. 7 ? Thanks!