Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2010, 03:51 PM

Default AVID bought Euphonix. McMix/Control now or later?

Man I couldn't believe what I was reading. This would make me think that the Artist series will have full integration with Pro Tools once it's all said and one. But what about M Powered since it has no Ethernet control protocol. I'm seriously wondering if they are going to merge M/Le together as a native solution with prosumer control surfaces. Or they will keep Mpowered like it is and move LE to the mid priced native solution. That seems more plausible. Very interesting. I'm so tempted to get a McMix/Control as I've been eyeing them for a while.. buy now? Or wait and hope they don't raise the price of those things.
(That's why there hasn't been talks of a new C8 eh?!?!)

Very interesting Avid.. I actually am very curious about your new website launch tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

Default Re: AVID bought Euphonix. McMix/Control now or later?

M-audio has had 192khz interfaces for quite some time now. I think LE is going to be the stepchild and M-powered is going to be the prosumer model between LE and HD or it's all going native and you will pick and chose what's best for your budget.