Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Pluggins settings different on new machine

I've got a new PC and installed PTLE and all my plugins I use like Atmosphere, Trilogy, Stylus RMX on the new PC. Now I have copied all my session files to the new machine. When I open up the sessions on the new machine, all the plugins open up but not in the settings I have saved them on the old machine. They open up in the factory default setting.Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Pluggins settings different on new machine

Yes this is normal operation, because it is a new machine. PTS have a thing which only a few of us realize, it takes your settings and store (work order, similar to Macros in Office), next time you open it up, it gives you the same work order without setting up various preferences. The things with plug-in setting they are not stored with or in the session folder. Ok! Back to your scenario, go to each of your plug-ins “save as” the settings of each of the plug-ins to a new folder which you can find easily. Copy that folder to your new machine and if you open up the plug-ins, import the plug-in setting from saved setting folder. Do this with all of them and just save your session again. The next time you open up your session all will be as it was on your other PTS machine. PTS by default store plug-in setting in (C:) You could locate this through “save as” on your first machine under plug-ins “save as” and then find the folder and or copy this to you other machine. This is a bit tricky, the method I explained above is much easier to do and will getting back to where you was on you first machine.
I have a plug-in settings folder on a separate drive, as a means of aback up. I have various plug-in presets stored, so I do not have to, or have to do a complete setup of the most used plug-ins which I use all the time, which is time consuming to up each time. By saving setting with default preset, my work flow is not so much effect to start from scratch each time I use a plug-in.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 AM

thank you Andre
Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 AM

I have done precisely what you said, but no luck.?????????????????????
Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 AM

When I want to "save as" to a new folder, I get the following message :

"Settings can only be saved to the "VSTW Trilogy ste folder inside the Root Settings folder or inside the working sessions plugi settings folder, or sub-folders of these folders.

???????????????????????????????????????????????