How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 AM

Default Re: my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok

Hi,

Yeh just open my emails and got the same audit message saying I need to return 13 licences

WTF ilok? Some of those licences I've had for 8 years??

They seem determined to close down all the genuine studios around the World.

No way am I syncing my ilok manager and loosing my tools of my trade.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Yeh just open my emails and got the same audit message saying I need to return 13 licences

WTF ilok? Some of those licences I've had for 8 years??

Chris
This deserves, AT A MINIMUM, a public statement from iLok about EXACTLY what it going on. I have about 15 iLoks at my facility and I'm going to instruct my staff today NOT to sync an iLok for the immediate time being.

I run a legitimate facility and follow all of the rules. Been using iLoks since they arrived on the scene AND still have my original HASP dongle from my Waves L1 license for use with Sound Tools in 1993.

Are they trying to flush out old license duplicates (backup licenses)? If they send me an email, I want to see a list of what they are claiming.

Did you get a list in your email?

j
Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McDaniel View Post
This deserves, AT A MINIMUM, a public statement from iLok about EXACTLY what it going on. I have about 15 iLoks at my facility and I'm going to instruct my staff today NOT to sync an iLok for the immediate time being.

I run a legitimate facility and follow all of the rules. Been using iLoks since they arrived on the scene AND still have my original HASP dongle from my Waves L1 license for use with Sound Tools in 1993.

Are they trying to flush out old license duplicates (backup licenses)? If they send me an email, I want to see a list of what they are claiming.

Did you get a list in your email?

j
Hi,

Yeh I got a list of 13 plugins and I don't have duplicates of those licences so I'm not responding to their request to sync my account until they let us know what is going on and assure us we won't be out of business due to their problem!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 AM

Something is very very wrong. This is just too weird!!
Just two weeks ago, a ProTools HD license disappeared from one of our studio iLoks (we are a rather big facility and have many iloks), and iLOK is pointing the finger at US! Since I though it was an isloated case, I felt it was hopeless to pursue it further. BUT now that I am reading all of this, it seems as if either someone has found a way to steal licenses through the ilok system itself, or a major bug in the system is literally stealing our licenses.
I am definitely going to be watching this thread. I have already posted a reply to ilok regarding my case to see if they can figure out what is going on. If I find out anything, I will post it here.
m
Old 04-17-2014, 06:39 AM

This is very strange and needs to be sorted by ilok. I'm not syncing anything yet untill this is sorted

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 AM

This is very bizarre indeed.

Were all of these licenses transferred from another owner, or were any purchased from the original software company? Maybe it's an issue of not gaining proper transfer approval from those companies?

Guys, please keep posting to this thread as you gain more information -- I have a feeling that a lot of people will need answers to this iLok debacle in upcoming days.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 AM

My PTHD license was purchased by me directly through a dealer. Not a second hand purchase.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM

I have NOT received any email or correspondence from iLok, but 'glad' so to speak I read this thread, as I have my whole 'in-house' music production software (plug-ins, PTHD10 + 11) etc. on my iLok. I have more than a few plugs that are legitimate plugs that I had bought from legit third party vendors and sold a few myself. So the 'heads up' is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure we are all still painfully aware of the iLok debacle from last year and a lot of us feel their handling of the whole affair was serendipitous to say the least. This may be totally off the mark, but I'm wondering if iLok has a Heartbleed liabilty?
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 AM

I just had ALL of my Waves V8 licenses removed from my ilok. All bought from Waves. There seems to be no recourse. Just eat the losses and move on. As long as ilok is in place, we don't really own anything.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-17-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I just had ALL of my Waves V8 licenses removed from my ilok. All bought from Waves. There seems to be no recourse. Just eat the losses and move on. As long as ilok is in place, we don't really own anything.
WOW!!!! I'm defo not syncing now what's happening ilok need to sort this out!!!

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis