Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM

Default Re: iLok problem after PT 10.3.4 install

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgreiner View Post
I just upgraded to Pro Tools 10.3.4, from 10.3.3, and now my iLok licenses are not recognized. I have the latest Pace driver and client software installed, and the licenses show up on my iLok when I sync my iLok account with the dongle.

I uninstalled PT 10.3.4 and re-installed 10.3.3 (which worked yesterday), and now it behaves the same way, saying:

and then:

I tried the iLok in my other computer with Pro Tools 10.3.2 and it works fine. If anyone has a solution, I'd greatly appreciate it - session starting shortly...

I'm on OS 10.8.2
Error messages like these can be caused by just one single plug-in which is not supported for some reason. I have had this happening before. The #1 cause for this is that you used old plug-in installers right before you updated PT or right after. Lets assume you have not, then there is a chance that one or more of your plug-ins are not supported by the PACE drivers that were installed with the PT 10.3.4 update you ran because yes, PT installs PACE stuff as well, always the latest.
And this version gets not reversed by installing an older PT version!

If this newer PACE stuff does not work with any of your plug-ins you'll get this error. The only method to find out is to take out all your plug-ins and restart PT, then add one by another and repeat.

Or to do what you already did of course, remove all PACE stuff. ;-)

Oliver
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM

Some of you guys jump to too many conclusions before ripping your systems to pieces.

I just had the same problem. It has something to do the the USB driver when PT installs. When PT installs it automatically does a warm reboot. All I did was shut the computer completely down.. which resets the hardware.. and did a cold boot. ilok fixed and I didn't change any drivers, etc.

(edit) In addition - The 003 was freaking out and showing odd characters and lights and would not play some synths. I was ready to roll back , but somehow figured out that ptf files were playing fine and the ptx files were the problematic ones. Bumping the buffers all the way up got them to play, then saved as new project file, then reloaded and I seem to be on my way.

Hybird is now failing to auth .. but its not a show stopper.

Last edited by Mark Waters; 03-30-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Waters View Post
Some of you guys jump to too many conclusions before ripping your systems to pieces.

I just had the same problem. It has something to do the the USB driver when PT installs. When PT installs it automatically does a warm reboot. All I did was shut the computer completely down.. which resets the hardware.. and did a cold boot. ilok fixed and I didn't change any drivers, etc.
Cold boot is the ticket, agreed, not just here but in any software install. There's all kinds of little things that go on in uninstalls and reinstalls and just plain installs that a warm boot won't do things right all the time. There's been a couple of times where I've completely shut everything down - computer, peripherals, external drives, ups and THEN restarted everything in the proper order. Voila - it all works then. And doing a cold boot I'll count to 10 or better and then restart. Some power supplies will hold enough of a charge to power stuff for a couple of seconds after power cuts out by design to try and get over minor power glitches.

QAPLA!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 AM

Cold boot was done many times during my search for a solution, so that wasn't it in this case. I had however installed the free LittleMicroShift plugin, as well as a plugin I'm beta testing just before upgrading, so there may be something to Oliver M's suggestion. I'm not sure I understand why that would keep Pro Tools from launching - it didn't even get to the part of the launch process that involves the DAE or plugins. It flat-out wouldn't launch - exactly like it does if I forget to plugin my iLok.