Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Default Creating a grid to live drums played with out a click. Is this possible

Creating a grid to live drums played with out a click. Is this possible

I have live drums recorded in a different studio they are more or less in time. But I want to finnish the track with a grid to help fix things up a bit.
Is this even possible. I have been going bonkers trying to learn how this is done . Any help on this would be very much appreciated Im stuck Iv tried everything I can think of including tutorials that are pretty good but seem to miss everything before elastic audio or beat detective is applied.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Creating a grid to live drums played with out a click. Is this possible

Use identify beat every 4 or 8 bars, that should conform the grid to your beat.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Creating a grid to live drums played with out a click. Is this possible

maybe u could just make loops of the drums and sequence them that way
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
Creating a grid to live drums played with out a click. Is this possible

I have live drums recorded in a different studio they are more or less in time. But I want to finnish the track with a grid to help fix things up a bit.
Is this even possible. I have been going bonkers trying to learn how this is done . Any help on this would be very much appreciated Im stuck Iv tried everything I can think of including tutorials that are pretty good but seem to miss everything before elastic audio or beat detective is applied.
Pretty easy really... You can do it by hand, just going through and using "Identify Beat". There's lots of ways to do this, and I'm sure others have ways that work for them, but I'll frequently just use identify beat to mark out the big sections (maybe 32 bars at a time), then use Beat Detective to get the individual bars. Kind of depends on the type of music; if it's straight backbeat music it's simple...

HTH,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6