Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-27-2022, 01:37 PM

Default Offer to upgrade Meloydyne, but will it expire if I dont renew Protools?

I recently upgraded my perpetual licence to pro Tools Studio, which comes with Melodyne essential, but this expires in a year if I dont renew my PTools. now I get a an email from Celemony sayng I can upgrade to Meloydne 5 Assistant for 99Euro,
BUT, what happens if I dont renew my ProTools in a year, will I sill lose Melodyne 5 assistant ?
Old 06-27-2022, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Offer to upgrade Meloydyne, but will it expire if I dont renew Protools?

No. Whatever license you have for Melodyne is a permanent license My advice is to go to Celemony.com and look at the different features to decide if the $99 is worth it to you

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-27-2022, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Offer to upgrade Meloydyne, but will it expire if I dont renew Protools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
No. Whatever license you have for Melodyne is a permanent license My advice is to go to Celemony.com and look at the different features to decide if the $99 is worth it to you
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2022, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I contacted Celemony, they quickly replied and confirmed that I would retain the licence if I upgraded, but if I keep the Melodyne version I have, then that will expire if I dont renew Pro Tools in a year.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerochan View Post
I contacted Celemony, they quickly replied and confirmed that I would retain the licence if I upgraded, but if I keep the Melodyne version I have, then that will expire if I dont renew Pro Tools in a year.
Aha. More incentive to buy the upgrade, I suppose. For me and the music production I do, I would be lost without Melodyne Editor(which has the DNA feature).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-28-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Aha. More incentive to buy the upgrade, I suppose. For me and the music production I do, I would be lost without Melodyne Editor(which has the DNA feature).
Well I have only just started messing with Melodyne and I am very impressed, not only with the simplicity of the product but also Celemony's customer service.