Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-05-2022, 08:36 AM

Default Izotope eq as a default plugin issue

Hello! There is such a bug - I try to set Izotope equalizer (both Ozone and Newtron) as default and on a stereo track it opens as a mono plugin. Has anyone experienced this? What can be done?

Pro tools 2022.7, Mac Os Monterey, Izotope Ozone 10, Neurton 4
Old 10-05-2022, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Izotope eq as a default plugin issue

I just tested.

Yes, the plug-in Neutron 4 Equalizer as a default EQ loaded as "multi-mono" as seen in one of my screenshots. That does NOT mean a stereo signal does only pass through the plug-in as mono. It is "multi" mono. The left signal and right signal do not mix. This EQ has a pan knob itself, but I didn't use it, so it applies the same processing to both sides.

However, as seen in my other screenshot, when I have a plug-in prior to my Neutron 4 EQ, MSpectralPan, I can make most of the signal go to the Left channel, and my PT track meter (Pre-Fader metering option turned off in "Options" menu) shows the signal AFTER Neutron 4 EQ is definitely NOT mono.

If you carefully test this like I did, and the stereo signal in actually is a mono signal out, then that is another issue!

However, it appears to behave correctly in my setup. I recommend looking in the Reference Guide regarding the differences between multichannel and multi-mono plug-ins.

Chances are if you're not doing Surround and just working with stereo and mono, multi-mono will do just fine. Don't really need to worry about it in many cases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 16.54.09.jpg (48.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 16.54.39.jpg (63.8 KB, 0 views)
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 10-07-2022, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Izotope eq as a default plugin issue

Nednednerb thank you a lot for the reply!