Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 AM

Default Activating MP3 Option

I have just bought the MP3 option from the Digi store, and don't really know how to activate it??

I have used File>import Audio and imported an mp3 fine!? and it creates a new track on the timeline and imports audio... I can also drag an MP3 to the edit window and it opens (all without doing anything with regard to the mp3 install?)

Now when I got to Bounce and select MP3 and press bounce, I get the pop up

"The MP3 option cannot be enabled because the Module initialization failed for MP3.bundle. The MP3 demo may have expired"

This is the only pop up I get, and nothing to register my ilok or enter a serial?

I have downloaded the MP3 option on the iLok which i think has all been done and now fine?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Avid

Default Re: Activating MP3 Option

The MP3 Option FAQ section should have all the info you need:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=34
Old 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM

Thanks but in my account I have the viewing details/tracking and reciept and no code in there??

It says on the link you supplied :

Look for "Authorization code, serial number or upgrade key (depending on product purchased):" with your authorization code next.

Your MP3 Option authorization code will begin with the letters "CUBS".

I'm afraid I dont have anything on my reciept? and never did receive an email with confirmation at all?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Administrator

According to your DigiStore order receipt, you purchased the iLok authorized version, not the authorization code version. From your order receipt
Quote:
The items you ordered:

Items
MP3 Option (iLok authorisation Version for Pro Tools 7.3 and higher) -- iLok Authorization
The license shows as deposited to the iLok account that you entered when ordering, and that iLok account shows that the license has been transferred to the iLok registered to that account.

Quote:
I have downloaded the MP3 option on the iLok which i think has all been done and now fine?
Did you install the actual MP3 Option software? You still have to do that, just having the license on your iLok does not install the software. Installation instructions depend on your version of Pro Tools, and are available from the link that DigiTechSupt gave you above, same as this one:
www.digidesign.com/support/mp3
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM

Hi,

I purchased MPT2 update, but I don't see the mp3 authorization on the ilok...