How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Budget i9 Build Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Nice! How expensive was that monitor? Does that mobo have a Thunderbolt option?
I go that monitor a couple years ago for $249 ($50 bucks off at Costco). A bit expensive but it had the discount and I really wanted to ditch the dual monitor setup to save some space. I have done a lot of downsizing in the past few years. Solid monitor to date, it is (was) the entry level model at the time.

Thunderbolt not on the mobo but of course can be installed. Still using the first gen Babyface so I didnt need the option.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyd4y View Post
How do you like that case? Did you get it with the window or without?
I must say it was the easiest build I have ever done. The mother board can be installed completely outside of the case, and the ssd's are neatly installed behind that very mounting plate. Power supply is under the bottom "shroud" and out of sight, great airflow and quiet, no liquid cooling needed for now.

W/o glass, not looking at it much so I saved some $$. BUT! Considering how clean the install looks though, I wouldn't fault anyone for getting the window version. Very nice and sleek indeed.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post
I must say it was the easiest build I have ever done. The mother board can be installed completely outside of the case, and the ssd's are neatly installed behind that very mounting plate. Power supply is under the bottom "shroud" and out of sight, great airflow and quiet, no liquid cooling needed for now.

W/o glass, not looking at it much so I saved some $$. BUT! Considering how clean the install looks though, I wouldn't fault anyone for getting the window version. Very nice and sleek indeed.
Nice. I'll be using the same solid-side version for my new workstation. Thanks for confirming!

@timothyday_musicandsound
Timothy Day
Old 05-23-2020, 04:58 PM

I’m considering a very similar build but with 2 M.2 drives. I’m concerned about the integrated graphics being able to drive my Dell 38” widescreen (3840x1600).
Anyone aware of issues?
Old 05-24-2020, 11:11 AM

Way to go, dispite not being a top priced motherboard, I can add that this is a solid setup, did an almost exact same build last year, only difference is I have less ram and hard drives.
After a while I did add an inexpensive asus grafics card.
It has been solid!
Carlos
Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 AM

FYI - my I7-9900K integrated graphics (UHD 630) seem to drive my Dell Ultrawide 38 (3840x1600) just fine.

Now if AVID would make the Pro Tools UI not look like ***** on a Windows HiDPI screen that would be wonderful. Coming from a Mac I'm surprised by how bad it looks.