Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-1998, 09:45 AM

Default Installing, mute

From Aggele Geluidsstudio's, the Netherlands.
Currently I'm using AudioVision 4.1v5 and OS 8.1

>Are there any other console installing for AV 4.1v5, I only have the read me installing AV 4.0.6.
>Mute after Mark OUT; When I'm recording automatically to the timeline, the machine mutes for a few seconds after the punch OUT. When I check the muted part the sound is normal.
>ProTools 4.1.1 don't run with DAE Extension 3.2.3. (delivered with AV 4.1v5)

Mark
Old 08-18-1998, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Installing, mute

As far as I know, Pro Tools will work with DAE version 3.2.3. Note that the DAE and DSI (DigiSystem INIT in the Extensions folder) versions must be the same.

AV uses the DSI directly, and doesn't require the DAE. Pro Tools does need the DAE, so this may be where your problem is.

There is a workaround. Make a file (in SimpleText for example) and save in the DAE folder. Be sure to name the file "IgnoreDSIVers".

This will force the DAE to run without checking that the DSI version matche the DAE version. Of course, when the versions don't match, some features may not work properly, but there seems to be no documentation on that (esp. as it would be different for every DAE/DSI combination).

I can't help you with your other question, though. Sorry.

I hope this helps anyway.
Matt Connolly
Old 08-28-1998, 08:29 AM
Avid

Default Re: Installing, mute

First of all, Depending on what version of Pro Tools you are using, Pro Tools most definitely will run on DigiSystem Init (DSI)/DAE 3.2.3

Secondly, I DON'T recommend using mismatched versions of DSI and DAE. Thought Matt's suggestion, in theory, may work there is no reason to do that and in fact you could be causing yourself more hassle than it's worth.

Your best bet is to update the DSI and DAE to 3.3. It can be downloaded here on the Digidesign website.

Most likely, I can't tell for sure because you didn't mention what you are seeing when trying to launch Pro Tools, you are getting the DSI/DAE mismatch error upon launch of Pro Tools.

The fix, update DAE to 3.2.3 as well as DSI or better yet, update both to 3.3.

While you're at it, you should upgrade your version of Pro Tools to be consistent across the board. Give us a call for more info on that, depending on what version you currently have and when you purchased it.

Thanks,

Jon Connolly