Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2015, 07:28 AM

Default Bit of a licence transfer problem...any advice?

Hi,

So up until last year I had been sharing an iLok. It has my licence for Pro Tools on there and then the remaining plug in licenses belong to the other person.
I bought a new iLok and tried to transfer my Pro Tools licence to it via the $25 option, but it is greyed out. I am assuming this is because it is a student licence can anyone confirm?
If so, is there any way that a licence can be changed from a student licence to a standard one? The four years of upgrades included in the licence has expired anyway so there is no difference now except for the fact I can't transfer it.

Any suggestions how I could get my licence onto a new iLok?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Bit of a licence transfer problem...any advice?

Best you can do is transfer all the other licenses to a different ilok account (2 or more licenses cost $50 total to transfer) and keep the PT license where it is. Then your friend gets his/her plugins, and you have your own account with a Pro Tools license.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:23 AM

And to add to Mesaones info there is no way to transfer a EDU license nor make it into a full license, hence the "free" all those years

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-27-2015, 06:50 AM

Thanks both of you. That is what I suspected but thought if check to see if anyone knew a workaround!
If I transfer all the plugins onto my new ilok, and leave protools on the old, is it then possible to swap all details of an ilok account? Because obviously the plugins will now be in the one with my name and details and pro tools will be in the other persons. Is it as simple as going to account settings ?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 AM

You can change your registered name and email and other details, but you cannot change the username you log in with.