How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2016, 07:36 AM

Default problem with AUX levels

Hi all.

I have problems with S3l-X + MacBook Pro + Logic as playback (4 stereo channels + 1 mono )

When use playback all AUX mix (6 stereo ) go to minimum level for 1-2 and sometimes 6-7 seconds, and then back to normal level.
Level change in all mix, not only playback level.
Master level - OK.

For AUX use analog out 1-12
For Master - AES 1-2 Stage 1

Then I Use analog out 15-16 for Master. Same problem: AUX level change, Master - OK.
Then I Use analog out 5-6 for Master and 15-16 for AUX. Master OK, AUX level change

AUX level change only when we use playback. If there only CLICK channel - all OK. Without playback - all ok

OUT’s for playback:

56 - mono CLICK
57-58 Stereo channel 1
59-60 Stereo channel 2
61-62 Stereo channel 3
63-64 Stereo channel 4

Venue firmware 4.5.3.3, MacBook Pro 10.10.5, Logic Pro X.

Manual read several times. Don't know what can it be.

Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2016, 02:54 PM

Default Re: problem with AUX levels

Hello Artur, greetings from Tallinn!

It's not easy to fully understand your problem... If I understand correctly your monitor mixes loose level randomly. I haven't ever heard of such an issue. Are you sure your playback computer does not have any automation? If the error is something you could re-create 100% then maybe you could film it and send the show file with the movie to Avid Venue support so they could check it out?

If I were you I would try to see if using Pro Tools instead of Logic would make any difference. Avid support may or may not be able to run Logic for you too, so you better check with Pro Tools first.

I speak russian, so in case you have problems contacting Avid local rep / Venue support and your problem does not get resolved soon let me know and I'll send you my cell number so we can talk.

Kristo
Old 08-22-2016, 11:42 PM

Thank You, Kristo.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:49 AM
Avid

could you send me the show file? I could take a look and try and see what's going on

[email protected]