How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2020, 05:15 PM

Default Newly Created Stereo Busses not Accessible for Input on Audio Tracks

Hey guys,

Please forgive me for my ignorance, but I've been struggling over the past 3 1/2 hours trying to figure out how to get my newly created stereo busses to display for the "Input" drop selection on a track. My goal is to record two mono tracks onto a newly created stereo track, thereby having less tracks to work with for the final mix. But I simply don't understand what the problem may be.

- I know that the "input" tab on the I/O Setup dialogue box is for instruments and microphones connected to the computer by some means.

- I know that the "output" tab is for anything connected to the computer that I needs to receive data/information (from) the computer; (like speakers).

So I'm ignoring both those tabs.

- My concern is the "Bus" tab where I've created 6 new bus channels; checked them all in the box on the left to enable them; gave them all three sub-busses, (2 mono busses and 1 stereo bus) and refrained from checking any boxes on the right to avoid mistakenly setting them up to be mapped out to exterior peripherals.

But when I create a new [Audio] track to collect information from two or more previously recorded tracks and click the input option, only the (mono) sub-busses I created are displayed. Does Pro Tools simply not allow stereo busses to be used as inputs for audio tracks?
Old 09-07-2020, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Newly Created Stereo Busses not Accessible for Input on Audio Tracks

OOOPS!!
I figured it out! I created the bounce track too quickly and didn't realize it was a (MONO) track. Thus the stereo bus selections were not optional. My bad! Sorry guys.