Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2024, 12:21 AM

Default Perpetual update & support plan

Hello folks. Just a simple query… I have a perpetual licence that I have no intention of surrendering - and my update and support plan used to cost £99.00 per year. It has just renewed - and the price has risen to £195.50 - almost double. Is this correct - was it changed some time ago and I just didn’t notice?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 AM
Avid

Default Re: Perpetual update & support plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthert View Post
Hello folks. Just a simple query… I have a perpetual licence that I have no intention of surrendering - and my update and support plan used to cost £99.00 per year. It has just renewed - and the price has risen to £195.50 - almost double. Is this correct - was it changed some time ago and I just didn’t notice?

Thanks!
Hi there, lowthert!

Let me check on this quick and get back to you.

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-21-2024, 10:23 AM
Avid

I've just checked your previous renewal and it's showing the same price.

You can go to https://my.avid.com/products/orderhistory?year=2020
To check your previous orders and its price. (need to be signed in with your Avid Account)

Thanks!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-21-2024, 10:37 AM

Thanks Tope - I see now. Although the price varies from year to year - it jumped from 89.00 Euros in 2019 to GBP 184.00 for three years and has now risen to GBP 195.50!

Is there any reason why the price doubles between '19 and '20 for the same plan? And is my price a standard price for all perpetual licence users who buy the same plan - or do we all have different pricing? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Tony
Old 03-21-2024, 10:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthert View Post
Thanks Tope - I see now. Although the price varies from year to year - it jumped from 89.00 Euros in 2019 to GBP 184.00 for three years and has now risen to GBP 195.50!

Is there any reason why the price doubles between '19 and '20 for the same plan? And is my price a standard price for all perpetual licence users who buy the same plan - or do we all have different pricing? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Tony
Hi Tony!

It's the same for everyone, there was a price change that has happened over the years. There were also times that promos/discounts would be available.
Hope this helps!

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-22-2024, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi Tony!

It's the same for everyone, there was a price change that has happened over the years
Thanks Tope - in reality though it was a doubling of the price in one year wasn't it... It means I am paying nearly GBP 200 per year for my DAW - that I bought as a one off many years ago (PT7) with updates built in... It is not the same as other DAW's and it is a lot of money to consider...
Old 03-24-2024, 05:34 AM

However Avid did remove the penalty for laps-renewals
And the advances have been coming.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
However Avid did remove the penalty for laps-renewals
And the advances have been coming.
Sure - accepted for the latter part... but I never lapsed, my payments were all automatic and on time for my licence...so the former not really much good to us good citizens
Old 03-25-2024, 04:00 PM

From memory -
During one of the many rejiggerings of the licensing scheme, AVID offered a "Promotional half-price" Upgrade and Support pricing. Many of us, probably including lowthert jumped on this offer. IIRC this put the price at USD $99.

When this was implemented (I think July 2019?), I recall being pretty cheesed-off with AVID for giving about two weeks notice of the sea change to their licensing/support/update model, so much so that I acquired Studio One with the intent of jettisoning PT. I didn't fully convert; "The devil you know...".

I think this is what caused lowthert's apparent doubling of the Upgrade and Support price. USD $99 was a "Promotional" price and available only during (IIRC) June/July of that year (2019?).

Discuss...
Old 03-26-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
I think this is what caused lowthert's apparent doubling of the Upgrade and Support price. USD $99 was a "Promotional" price and available only during (IIRC) June/July of that year (2019?).
Discuss...
Thanks Bob - I have just checked my order history from 2010 - and you are correct... the 99.00 was indeed an anomaly... the pricing has been very schizophrenic though - from 89 Euros... to 105 GBP to 184 Euros... to 99 GBP... to 195.50 GBP... (.50?)

No idea why it works like this - it is all over the place, without rhyme nor reason - but I guess if it is the same for every customer - it is what it is...

Would be nice to get a loyalty anomaly again sometime though