Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM

Default balance between output to amp and main output

Hi,
here is my live rig :

- 11r -(via output to amp1 and two)- rocktron velocity 300 (stéréo) - two cab 2x12.
- 11r - (via xlr main output) - pa system

(note: i have tried to connect the velocity300 with the main output but it overload the poweramp)
set up output to amp : rig output no cab (so i can't have cab sim on the main output, bad thing!)

My different presets have different output vol (i play many style with my band), it's ok for the output to amp, but the main output have different volume output, i don't have the same balance between my presets.

What is the solution to have the same vol balance between presets with outputs to amp and main output?

thanks a lot for your answer!!!

Pierre

www.pierre-pancracio.fr
Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM

Default Re: balance between output to amp and main output

Every patch has a volume controls for the patch, and levels for Output to Amp. You may have to go through your patches and set the Output to Amp levels appropriately.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Hi,
you don't understand what i mean, sorry i'm french and my english is not perfect!
The problem is for the main output.

controls with output to amp: all my presets are at 0 db right and left

Supposition :
take a preset that i call A and i say it is at 100% vol
and an other preset B that is a 50% vol in relation to the preset A
so it's a vol difference.

Now, i know i can change the vol on the main output by the "rig volume"(because i on"rig out no cab", but is there an handling to find always the same balance between the presets in output to amps and main output?

I hope i'ts more clear

thanks a lot

Pierre

www.pierre-pancracio.fr
Old 10-04-2013, 01:48 PM

I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking, but it seems like you are saying there is a noticeable difference between rigs/presets default volume. So when you switch from one rig to another there will be a huge drop or increase in volume AND you would like to balance the volume across several rigs.

Does that sum it up?

You can change the rig volume with the on-screen editor using the volume control between True-Z and Tempo controls, then save the rig.

Or you can use the nice Rig Balancing feature of the Eleven Rack.

Open the Eleven Rack manual, hit Ctrl+F and search Rig Balancing and/or watch a video I made about Rig Balancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ACMQSDsasI

hope that helps

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-06-2013, 11:09 PM

it's not that, i know the controls (i knew this video, great, thanks)
i just want to found the same vol difference between presets on the main output as on the output to amp.

Thanks a lot for your effort!

www.pierre-pancracio.fr
Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.pan View Post
it's not that, i know the controls (i knew this video, great, thanks)
i just want to found the same vol difference between presets on the main output as on the output to amp.

Thanks a lot for your effort!
Have you tried pressing EDIT/BACK and going to the OUTPUT block for each rig and adjusting the RIG VOL, To AMP 1, and To AMP 2 controls for each rig then save, so everything is level?

What do you have your Volume knob set to control? Just the Main Outs or ALL Outputs?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-07-2013, 11:02 PM

i have to keep the level difference between presets (differents songs, differents levels), vol output on the output to amp 1 and 2 is ok (on each preset, 0 db). But i don't have the same level difference on the main output, that's what i'm searching to have, this level difference.
vol knob control is set to output to amp, but even i put it on all output, it just increase or decrease the vol on all ouptput, don't do what i search to do!

www.pierre-pancracio.fr
Old 10-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.pan View Post
i have to keep the level difference between presets (differents songs, differents levels), vol output on the output to amp 1 and 2 is ok (on each preset, 0 db). But i don't have the same level difference on the main output, that's what i'm searching to have, this level difference.
vol knob control is set to output to amp, but even i put it on all output, it just increase or decrease the vol on all ouptput, don't do what i search to do!
You can change the volume control knob to Main Output, that way you can adjust just the mains from the front.

On your Output Block (or in the on-screen editor) simply adjust the RIG VOL and SAVE it for each preset, you can do this from the Rig Balancing screen I told you about earlier.

I just hooked up my PA to test all of this out and its working fine for me. Use the RIG VOL to adjust the overall loudness through the MAINS and use the OUT TO AMP controls for the level you are sending to the board. I can have different levels for the Mains and Out To Amp this way.

If this is not working for you, then maybe go into more detail in how you have everything hooked up.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio