Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-15-2021, 11:12 AM

Default Group/Ungroup on Edit Page

I've been using PT for a while and I just "Control =" to see if my tracks are in a group or not on the mix page. I can pound on "Control Shift G" all day long on the Edit page and for the life of me I can't see any indication of what mode it's in. Surely, I'm just missing it as doing some things when it's engaged really sucks to back out of...
Old 01-15-2021, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Group/Ungroup on Edit Page

If you click the little arrow pointing left at the very bottom left of the Edit window, you'll see a list of your groups which will be greyed out when deactivated. I don't know of a way to show the Group status on the Edit page like it does on the Mix page other than that. Would be nice to have an indicator on the Edit window though without having to do that.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 01-16-2021, 07:57 AM

Maybe it's because I'm in dark mode, but I have that side window open all the time. Nothing changes any shade of anything when I toggle back and forth with "ctrl shift g" in the group window.

While it was designed to be a studio first, it's also my home theater room with black and dark red walls, ceiling, and carpet that suck all the light out of the room. Without dark mode it's painful to use...weirdly that the most appreciated new feature in PT for me.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:30 AM

There have been a lot of complaints about Dark Mode. And while I've been mostly fine with it and have gotten used to most everything in Dark Mode, Groups Suspend/Enable is almost impossible to discern.

There is another thread in this forum: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412759 that discusses user modifications to the dark mode color scheme in detail. And this post: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=411 shows instructions on how to make the changes on Mac (I don't know how to do this on Windows). The one correction to this single post link is that the txt file is actually called "PTColors.txt", not "dark mode.txt".

The only change I incorporated into this file is changing the one line that makes the groups list RED when suspended. I'd be happy to share my modified PTColors.txt file with you via DM.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:54 AM

That would be awesome! I have no idea if even the numbers to identify colors are the same between Apple and Windows...The file would be awesome. Could you also point out what that single line was? If find only two lines in that file on Windows that mention "group." I assume it's one of these?

cGroupsListTextColor (65535,65535,65535,39321)
GroupListViewSuspendedText (65535,65535,65535,29555)

If your numbers are the same...I can just change mine. I'm assuming the difference between the last two numbers in each line though they look big must be insignificant.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:11 AM

Wow...never mind sending anything! I just found a line that said RED and used those numbers in group suspend line and now they toggle...

Thanks so much...that was SO frustrating!!!