Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-16-2020, 05:42 PM

Default Re: anyone using a faderport with 2020?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
But has Behringer's quality gotten any better? They used to be the laughing stock of the audio world.
I owned and used the X touch for a few years daily for 4-6 hrs minimum with 0 issues. And you can use it with any DAW.

Actually I've got a bunch of Behringer stuff here that has lasted me 15-20 years of hard use (DI Boxes and headphone amps esp). Contrast that with the few weeks I got out of my glitchy Avid consoles which lit my desk on fire. I've had 2 or 3 Presonus Central Stations which I ran into the ground back when I did 100+hrs a week in the mid 2010s. All these companies have quality issues at some point. I've blown up stuff from the best of em. Behringer stuff has failed no more or less. Actually, their headphone amps and little Hearback systems are really ok too. I know they make and sell some $20 junk. But mixers and etc, I've had good luck.

my own experience for what its worth
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:49 PM

I use a V2 on Win10 and it works perfectly.

System Details
Old 04-18-2020, 11:47 AM

I've had FaderPort v1 for a long time on my system at work, but also have a Contour Shuttle Pro to do things the FaderPort just won't do... and it's totally programmable.

I did order v2 of the FaderPort a week ago and was really hoping the PREV/NEXT buttons would allow me to move between regions, as I have my Shuttle Pro setup, but no dice. After spending a few days with it, I sent it back to Sweetwater. I really wish PreSonus' manual for it was a little more explicit on how it works with PT, but they made it to work with their own software... HUI is just an option for other users.

The combo of FaderPort and Shuttle Pro is GREAT, giving me extreme flexibility with moving around the edit window, but still have that fader for levels.
Old 04-18-2020, 04:43 PM

What about this - thanks to Southside for the heads up.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-14-2020, 11:26 AM

hey all, i just got my faderport V2 but im finding some issues. when i select it in the peripheral/midi controller window in slot 2 it doesnt behave as it should. on the other habd if i switch position with my Oxigen 49 i lose the midi map assigned to the knobs. im running PT 2020.3 on win 10. anyone have hear of similar issues?
Old 08-14-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariozeppe View Post
hey all, i just got my faderport V2 but im finding some issues. when i select it in the peripheral/midi controller window in slot 2 it doesnt behave as it should. on the other habd if i switch position with my Oxigen 49 i lose the midi map assigned to the knobs. im running PT 2020.3 on win 10. anyone have hear of similar issues?
Are both devices set as HUI controllers? Could be a conflict? With those 2 pieces, I would set the Faderport as HUI and leave the keyboard out of that setup page(and just run it as a midi controller for playing VI's).

Re Streamdeck; seems like a great option, but only Mac at the moment. Re Behringer quality, I have owned and used gear at every level from Behringer to SSL and I would not be afraid of any recent Behringer products. I've had more than 1 X-32 and all were solid and dependable(including the one that got drowned under a failed tent in a driving downpour). Ditto for the Midas M32(made in the same factory). My X-Touch One worked fine, but had way too many buttons that I didn't need, or could not use(HUI limits?). Their UltraDrive speaker controller works and sounds as good as BSS OmniDrives and better than DBX DriveRack. Even their little cable tester box is as good or better than stuff at twice the price(just don't allow the battery to get green and furry).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave