Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2015, 07:53 AM

Default USB Fast Track Pro driver issues - Windows 8.1

I have a USB M-Audio Fast Track Pro that I used with no issues with a Win XP Dell pc for years. Recently moved it over to a new Win 8.1 Dell pc (i3-4150, 8 GB RAM) and it works fine when I use it as an audio interface for recording instruments into Acid, but occasionally when listening to music using Windows Media Player or watching streaming video and audio online using the Fast Track pro for the audio Windows will blue screen/crash with an error that says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (MAudioFastTrackPro.sys).

i checked and in Windows it says the driver I am using is 5.10.0.5142 dated 5/23/13, but when I moved the Fast TRack Pro onto the new machine the old outdated install cd wouldn't work so I found version 6.1.10 at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ck-Pro-Drivers and used it. So I'm wondering why it still says in Windows that I'm using the older driver and if anyone could help me with an overall fix? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2015, 03:21 PM

Default Re: USB Fast Track Pro driver issues - Windows 8.1

Hi,

How did you get the 6.1.10 driver to install on Windows 8.1? Both the 6.1.10 and the 6.1.9 driver installs fail on my system with a runtime error. Google and forum searches have shown that others are also experiencing this issue; it would be great to know how to make it work.

On the other hand, the fact that Windows still shows that you are using the older driver means that you likely are still using the older driver and that the new one failed to install...

Thanks for any input you can provide!