Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Default iLok update is blocking ProTools

Last week when I went to open my ProTools to work on a session, I got a message telling me my iLok was no longer valid, and it needed to be updated. So I followed the instructions, opened my iLok License Manager, and downloaded the latest update for Windows 10, 64 bit. It was a zipped file, and I installed it.
Well now, when I try to open ProTools, it progresses up to a certain point, then hangs at "Preparing to Install" the Window Installer while the Expand 2 instruments are loading. You can't Cancel, or exit the program, either. All you can do is Ctrl, Alt, Del, and sign out.
So, I'm completely blocked from using my ProTools.
What is wrong? What can I do about this? I'm not a software engineer, and I'm very confused.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProTools hang-up.jpg (15.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Default Re: iLok update is blocking ProTools

Try hitting shift when you launch Pro Tools. This will allow Pro Tools to open without plug-ins. If it launches, the issue is probably with plug-ins.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com