Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:44 PM

Default Re: PT 12.2 installed- New plugs/instruments not showing up?

maybe they're "coming soon"....hahaah
just kiddin....
very very good update guys....hope we see the features that we bought soon!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 02:57 PM

So my perpetual PT12 license doesn't get any of this, huh? Oh well, if I have to spend to get better mixing tools, it won't be AVID that gets my money, it will go to get the best plugins for my needs (which keeps me DAW agnostic, which is bad for AVID).
Old 09-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Your perpetual PT12 license doesn't, but your support plan license does. My understanding is that the plug-ins will be licensed to users for the duration of their support plan, so you'll have access to them when the rollout completes. Unless you have PT12 because of an EDU upgrade, then I don't think you automatically get a support plan.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:15 PM

Ah, I didn't see the bit where the support plan is the same as upgrade plan (or includes it, whatever). Thanks for that.

So it's basically for everyone now (well, not now, but maybe kinda soon some day this year-ish before next NAMM maybe if we're lucky)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Default How to get Avid Pro Plug-Ins with Pro Tools HD 12.2?

What's the mechanism for authorizing and installing these plug-ins with PTHD 12.2? Do we wait for them to show up in our Application Manager? Or are they included in the 12.2 installer?

Can't wait to use the new toys...
Old 09-02-2015, 06:03 PM

Default Re: How to get Avid Pro Plug-Ins with Pro Tools HD 12.2?

If you are referring to the Pro Series plugins it can take a few days or up to a few weeks according to the Webinar until they appear. Hate to say it but they said "soon"

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-03-2015, 03:39 AM

Default Re: How to get Avid Pro Plug-Ins with Pro Tools HD 12.2?

The two main points are ...
1) All the installers for these plugins are already freely available via www.avid.com/plugins

2) All the plugins are protected by their own individual iLok licenses (I don't know about the stomp box FX, but that is true fo all the others, and I guess it will be the same fo the stomp box fx). They will not run without the iLok license being detected.

So you can download the installers now if you want. There may be new versions due to be released of course, but who knows. We'll see when the installer links start appearing in people's Avid accounts.

But Avid will have to provide you with the iLok licenses before you can use the plugins. And, of course, the iLok licenses will be date syncronised to expire when your current support plan expires. I guess it is the provision of the licenses that will take Avid a few days/weeks to sort out for everyone entitled to them.

The exact mechanism by which Avid will provide you with the iLok licenses has n been explained. Maybe they will just miraculously appear in your iLok account ready for syncing to your iLok. Or maybe they will add activation/redemption codes to your Avid account, and these will need to be processed using the iLok Licens Manager to trigger availability of the appropriate licenses for you.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 09-03-2015, 08:47 AM

Default how to activate new Plug-in Bundle in pthd 12.2

Hi guys,
I see the avidblogs show one thread about 'Today’s Pro Tools 12.2 Release Has New Plug-ins, New Plans, and a New Lower Price'
the link is http://www.avidblogs.com/pro-tools-1...and-new-price/
However,when I read over the description,I still do not know how to run the new plugins bundle in the software.
Well,I am downloading the pt12.2 installer now,hope when I install it,can make sure how to run the bundle.
Thanks!
Cheers!

Chris
Old 09-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Default Re: how to activate new Plug-in Bundle in pthd 12.2

The new plugin bundle will be added to your avid account within a few weeks tops according to the webinar last night so check your account every now and then as see if they been added

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-03-2015, 10:15 AM

Default Re: how to activate new Plug-in Bundle in pthd 12.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
The new plugin bundle will be added to your avid account within a few weeks tops according to the webinar last night so check your account every now and then as see if they been added
Thank you,another Christopher,I am also Christopher too!
Closed Thread