Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Default Re: How long untill protools LE can run on leopard?

I feel really trapped here I switched from Cubase4&PC to Digi 003& Mac Pro because I felt that is time to move to a better company and to a better configuration. Hmm, luvky me, that's exactly when people who whorked with Digidesign for 10 years are begining to quit? This brand new 003 on my desk is getting dusty and I have projects to deliver. I see all this offers from Logic and all the good feedback they get for the programm, support and price. Since I already have a Mac Pro, I have to say that if Digidesign is not coming with the Leopard compatible version I will switch without any regret. The hole idea was to get a better product, the best homestudio. It looks like Logic may get ahead. I would reather lose some bucks on reselling my brand new 003, instead for losing my contracts.

http://www.reverbnation.com/joerusi
http://www.joerusi.com
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 AM

I agree that the customers should get some compensation for the wait. Digi cannot make us wait, while the price for plugins is high and the number of tracks is limited, while Logic keeps comming with this offers! 500$ is cheep, and the product seams to work very well.

Just bring the Leopard compatibile version and fix all the bugs from the latest versions and we'd be fine. Otherwise I'm sure that customers will choose another product. That's the way the market goes...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:40 AM

Check out that wet stuff on your shoes. Digi isn't even working on it. Today they released Transducer or some such for the full-blown Pro Tools so it's pretty clear where their priorities are and fixing LE isn't in that list.

All this b.s. about quality control is hogwash or the Pro version wouldn't work either. We're getting stroked but, hey, how much did I need that $1200 for something I've never used anyway.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 AM

What you are saying is that they don't care about the LE customers. I don't think so...why would the even bother to produce Digi 003? I just think that things are not going fast enough and that they did some mistakes, and the result is that loyal customers are leaving, and new custumers like me are dissapointed and potential customers aregoing directly to Logic. We'll see what's coming next days.

I'm not very good with computers, so I cannot comment on why the HD works on Leopard and why LE doesn't. I'm sure they have a good explanation for that.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 AM

I personally don't bite into the transducer announcement too much. Being that Digi most likely employs hundreds of people (I admittedly do not know the excact figure), I'm just a smidge willing to bet that they also have different internal departments (like just about every other company in existence). So, since the Leopard team hasn't completed their task, should all of the other departments (R&D, etc..) stand around in a circle and watch them??? Human resources...amazing stuff.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM

Wow, I am happy to know that I am not the only person out there who is pissed of at digi. I been a long time customer of Digidesign. I owned the Digi 001, Digi 002 Control Surface and Protools M-Powered with Project mix I/O. I recently upgrade to Mackie Control Pro and Mackie Control Pro extender with Mbox 2 Pro and Mbox micro for traveling. I purchased MP3 Options and Smack Compress plugins. I spend several thousand of $$ with digi over the years. Its seems to me unless we purchase the HD for 10K is the only way to get Leopard support right now.

Digi, Digital Performer, Cubase, Apple Logic and your Protools HD all work with Leopard now. What up with LE. I can't honestly believe it takes over 7 months to update a product. I have Prtools 7.4 working with my Mbox 2 Pro on my apple 8 core but it is unstable in a couple of areas. I know your probably have a couple of development departments, however I think it was just bad taste to release another software before update the LE Users on Logic.

THE MORE I USE APPLE LOGIC STUDIO THE MORE I FEEL LIKE I AM BEING ROBBED BY DIGI

Once again for $495- I get surround sound, mp3, vi, excellent plugins, unlimited track count, sample library, music to video support with awesome performance and I didn't have to spend $10K for HD. I will say one thing I just purchased Digitranslator so that I can tranfser all the stuff to Logic via OMF or AAF. The $495 will probably be the last money I spend on Digi until you guys start offering more to your LE customers.

By the way what is up with not support Mackie Control Protocol in Protools. HUI is outdataed.

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
stratfordtownstudio@gmail.com
Old 05-07-2008, 07:39 AM

I'd be willing to bet money that Leopard compatibility is depending on 10.5.3... which I'm going to guess Apple will be sitting on until the WWDC in early June. Others have posted on here suggesting it all comes down to Core Audio issues, and apparently Core Audio fixes are a major part of 10.5.3. I'd be very surprised if Digi releases an update that doesn't require 10.5.3. That being said... 7.4 runs quite nicely for me on my MBP with 10.5.2. I have had zero problems, except with third-party plug-ins.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM

You think I shoul give it a shot and install the PT 7.4 on my brand new Mac Pro?

Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM

Very well said Slim....... right-on!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM

I was having problems running my 002 on a Mac Mini and was advised that LE 7.4 with CS updates would do the trick and now everything is running fine.

Good luck

David